Two explosions hit finish line of Boston Marathon

My Dad's Boston police scanner is saying that a Military style duffle bag is being investigated at the hospital now

5:48 pm ET: FAA lifts restrictions on air travel over Boston. Logan Airport has been reopened.

5:56 pm ET: At least 86 people have been taken to area hospitals, according to a tally by ABC News.

6:02 pm ET: ATF agents have descended on Brigham and Women’s hospital where they’re questioning one potential person of interest.

MrsJrotax101 Thanks for the constant updates. Very shocking time right now.
Thanks. I've had the news on all day. It's scary. Very scary.

6:04 pm ET: Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D- Calif., chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, tells ABC News: “It is a terrorist incident… It could be foreign, it could be home grown.” She said the attack had the “hallmarks” of a terror attack.

6:10 pm ET:President Obama is now addressing the nation.

ht_obama_white_house_nt_130415_wblog.jpg

President Barack Obama talks on the phone with FBI Director Robert Mueller to receive an update on the explosions that occurred in Boston

6:11 pm ET: “On days like this there are no Republicans and Democrats,” says President Obama.

6:12 pm ET: “We do not know who did this or why…But make no mistake we will get to the bottom of this,” says President Obama.

6:13 pm ET: “We will find out who did this and we will hold them accountable,” says President Obama.

I also agree. There's no need to bring up politics when an incident like this occurs.

“On days like this there are no Republicans and Democrats,” says President Obama.

Really? Is this necessary?

I think most will agree that this is not a political issue. :pat:

Totally agreed.

Very sad to see....

Who needs the news channels when we have Gimpers!

Haha yeah thanks. :giggle: I'm getting the summaries and what ever my dad gets off of his police scanner LOL
So crazy.

6:29 pm ET: Boston hospitals report “multiple amputations” among those injured at Boston Marathon.

6:41 pm ET: ABC News has revised its number of those injured in the Boston Marathon bombing incident down to 78 people.

Wow, multiple amputations? I really can't believe something like this happened.

It got updated again

6:41 pm ET: ABC News has revised its estimate of the number of people injured in the Boston Marathon bombing incident to at least 99 people.

7:22 pm ET: An 8-year-old child is among those killed in the Boston bombings, a law enforcement source confirmed to ABC News.

:sadbanana:

I heard about that. It's very sad.

I wonder what is going through the attacker's head right now...and what went through their head as it all happened. I really wonder.

Ugh, this upsets me so much. I also heard the Newtown families were sitting near one of the bombings.. so, so, sad..

Edit by MrsJrotax101 - If you click the image on this link that has a "WARNING" take extra caution. It shows someone with their legs blown off. It is EXTREMELY graphic.

http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2013/04/photos-of-the-boston-marathon-bombing/100495/

one picture on there is pretty crazy. This is just sad! My cousin goes to Boston College and runs track for them, he took part of the marathon he was a mile away from the finish line when the bombing occurred. I've been on the phone all day.

Last edited:
That picture you mentioned is very eerie. It's definitely not for the ones with the weak stomachs.

Back