Two explosions hit finish line of Boston Marathon

HOLY CRAP! I'm shocked they even have that on there. I can't believe I looked. I wasn't expecting something THAT graphic. omg...

TheSlowAndTheSerious. I think you should remove the link bc people will be too curious to open that image and end up not liking the result.

It's also getting risky going to major events. I'm afraid things like this will keep happening.

and the some 400 Massachusetts National Guard soldiers that were on the scene for the marathon.

I still just can't imagine how that guy must be feeling...sitting in that wheelchair and holding his blown off legs. I could hardly look at Robert's thumb when he exploded it open with a mallet recently :\

I'm guessing both legs are missing anyways

It's all adrenaline that's keeping him from not feeling all the pain.

8:03 pm ET: At least 115 people injured in Boston Marathon bombing, according to law enforcement officials.
8:54 pm ET: Three people have died, according to a tweet from the Boston police department.
8:56 pm ET: The Boston Police department has said that it does not have a suspect in custody.

very sad and depressing..couple of my buddy's friends had to get their legs removed..smh
hope they find the person or persons responsible for this

prayers go out to the victims

This whole thing is a nightmare. When I first heard of an explosion at the Boston Marathon I assumed it was an accident... like a gas leak or something. But to later find out that something that is supposed to be a celebration of achievement has been targeted like this is heartbreaking. It's not like it's a political event of some sort... they were just targeting innocent people at random :(

9:17: pm ET: Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis : “I offer my sympathies to the families impacted by this horrible tragedy. Those responsible will be brought to justice.”
9:27 pm ET: ABC News has revised its estimate of the total number of patients initially sent to hospitals to at least 133.

This whole thing is a nightmare. When I first heard of an explosion at the Boston Marathon I assumed it was an accident... like a gas leak or something. But to later find out that something that is supposed to be a celebration of achievement has been targeted like this is heartbreaking. It's not like it's a political event of some sort... they were just targeting innocent people at random :(
The video on post #46 shows two bombs, a couple of blocks from each other, setting off almost simultaneously. Something like this is so hard to believe.

10:35 p.m. ET: Ron M. Walls, chairman of Boston’s Brigham and Women’s Hospital, told reporters that the hospital has 29 total patients, 8 of whom are in critical condition. Walls said that the only shrapnel they have seen in injured victims is material from the street – bits of metal, soda cans and anything that was really close to a blast and became fragmented. He said there have been no reports of ball bearings or anything that seemed as if it may have been placed into the explosion to cause more damage.

It's things like this why I don't understand why people hate TSA so much, no one thinks things like this happen and when they do it is a huge surprise. Terrorism is huge, and it's a scary thing... It's too bad to see this and everything will be on high alert for a while.

Back