Two explosions hit finish line of Boston Marathon

It was crazy while driving on 93 all you saw was staties, a whole lot of unmarked black suv and special operation trucks flying down 93 south.

Last edited:
Code:
[FONT=monospace][SIZE=4]<span style="font-family: verdana, geneva, kalimati, sans-serif; color: #222222; font-size: 22px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 24px; background-color: #ffffff;">[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=monospace][COLOR=#000000][SIZE=4]&#9763;&#10026;&#9770;&#9760;&#10085;&#9762;&#9774;&#9773;&#10014;&#9794;&#9762;&#9774;[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=monospace][SIZE=4]</span>
[/SIZE][/FONT]

bunch of random symbols

6:15 a.m. ET: ABC News’ Boston affiliate WCVB reports the 8-year-old victim has been identified asMartin Richard. A single candle was placed in front of his home overnight in Dorchester, Mass.
On Monday, two small but powerful bombs exploded at the finish line of the Boston Marathon. No one has claimed responsibility for what authorities have labeled a “terrorist” attack. At least 145 people were injured, and three people, including an 8-year-old boy, were killed.
Local, state and federal authorities are investigating. They are interviewing one “person of interest,” a 20-year-old Saudi national injured in the attack, but have not named him a suspect.
boston_marathon_2013_map_130415_wblog.jpg

6:34 a.m. ET: ABC News has confirmed that at least 145 are injured following the Boston Marathon attack and 17 of those are critical injuries.

8:10 a.m. ET: “The United States government is appropriately focused on finding the facts hours after the horrific explosions at the Boston Marathon. This afternoon’s attack is deeply personal to all of us who call that city our home,” Secretary of State John Kerry, the former senator from Massachusetts, said in statement. “Today’s attack was an assault on who we are in Massachusetts on a Patriot’s Day that honors where we came from.”
8:13 a.m. ET: FBI to hold a press conference at 9:30 a.m.
9:15 a.m. ET: Massachusetts National Guard increases troops in Boston from 460, at the time of the marathon, to 1,000.
9:36 a.m. ET: “The state will be open for business today, but it will not be business as usual,” Mass. Gov. Deval Patrick says in a statement.
gty_boston_swat_dm_130416_wblog.jpg
Swat team members and special police units assemble in the Boston Common, April 16.​

9:42 a.m. ET: Mass. Gov. Patrick says only two devices found. Earlier reports suggested there might have been more unexploded bombs at scene.

9:43 a.m. ET: “Ive been mayor for 20 years now, and I’ve never seen… our city pull together like this,” says Boston Mayor Tom Menino.

9:47 a.m. ET:No known additional threats,” says FBI Special Agent in Charge Richard DesLauriers.

9:48 a.m. ET: Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis calls marathon bombing the “most complex crime scene that we’ve dealt with in the history of our department.”

ap_boston_blast_day_after_dm_130416_wblog.jpg

T
he Morning After:One of the blast sites on Boylston Street near the finish line of the 2013 Boston Marathon is seen in Boston, April 16, 2013, one day after bomb blasts.

10:00 a.m. ET: FBI won’t confirm names of individuals they are questioning.

10:05 am ET: Police Commissioner says suspected bomber is not believed to be one of the three people killed. He said the device was not located in a trash can and the race course had been swept twice earlier in the day for bombs.

10:05 a.m. ET: Police say 176 casualties; 17 critical; 3 fatalities.

10:06 a.m. ET: FBI says investigation will be worldwide. “We will go to the ends of the earth to find subject or subjects responsible for this despicable crime,” says FBI Special Agent in Charge Richard DesLauriers.

10:14 a.m. ET: Many [victims] have severe wounds, mostly in the lower part of their body,” says a doctor from Massachusetts General Hospital. Victims have metallic fragments in their bodies including shrapnel and nails, which appear to have been part of the bombs’ construction.
abc_deval_patrick_boston_nt_130416_wblog.jpg

10:15 a.m. ET: Six to eight patients at Mass. General Hospital remain medically sedated and in intensive care.
11:03 a.m. ET: The central terminal at La Guardia Airport in New York City has been evacuated due to a suspicious package and bomb disposal units are at the scene, authorities tell ABC News. So far, no flights have been affected.
abc_laguardia_evacuated_nt_130416_wblog.jpg

11:10 a.m ET: President Obama is expected to speak from the White House at 11:30 a.m.
11:30 a.m ET: President Obama speaks live from the White House
11:31 a.m. ET: “This was a heinous and cowardly act,” says President Obama. “We will find whoever harmed our citizens and we will bring them to justice… The American people refuse to be terrorized.”
12:54 p.m ET: It appears at least one of the bombs used in the Boston Marathon attack was composed of a pressure cooker filled with nails and ball bearings, according to federal sources. Both devices are still being inspected, but this is the leading theory of their construction, according to sources. The bomb appears to have been placed in a black or dark colored duffel or nylon bag that was placed on the ground at one of the two sites.
12:55 p.m. ET: Boston police say a photo taken in the wake of the attack that appears to show a man on a rooftop over the crime scene has been sent to the FBI, and will be analyzed along with hundreds of other images.
1:03 p.m. ET: “My dear son Martin has died from injuries sustained in the attack on Boston. My wife and daughter are both recovering from serious injuries. We thank our family and friends, those we know and those we have never met, for their thoughts and prayers,” said Bill Richard, father of slain 8-year-old Martin Richard, killed in Monday’s attack.

2:36 p.m. ET: Krystle Campbell, 29, of Medford, Mass., is confirmed as the second known death from Monday’s terror attack at the Boston Marathon, according to ABC affiliate WCVB-TV. Campbell was there to cheer on a friend in the race, according to her mother Patricia Campbell. ”She was a beautiful young being,” her mother said. “She loved pets. She loved people… This is just a waste.”
ht_krystle_campbell_facebook_jef_130416_wblog.jpg
3:19 p.m. ET: Boston police and firefighters’ unions are offering a $50,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of the perpetrators responsible for the marathon bombing. They have also set up a fund accepting donations for victims of Monday’s attack.
4:00 p.m. ET: Investigators have recovered a circuit board or parts of circuit board from one of the bombs, law enforcement officials tell ABC News.
4:02 p.m. ET: Officials say early clues that led them to investigate a 20-year-old Saudi national living in Revere, Mass., are unlikely to play a significant role in the ongoing investigation.
4:32 p.m. ET: In a hospital mix-up, the family of Krystal Campbell was told their daughter had survived her injuries from the Marathon bombings, only to later learn she was dead, reports WCVB-TV.
4:48 p.m. ET: Explosive used in at least one Boston bomb was gunpowder, sources tell ABC News.
More updates as they arrive are here: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/04/live-updates-boston-marathon-bombing-day-2/
Or I post lol

Exclusive photos: Boston Marathon bomb
21996004_BG1.jpg

2424730_G.jpg

2424731_G.jpg

2424732_G.jpg

2424733_G.jpg

2424734_G.jpg

The bomb that exploded at the finish line of Monday's Boston Marathon sent shock waves across the country. Crime scene photos obtained exclusively by FOX 5 Atlanta are the first look at what is left of the first deadly device.

The investigation into the explosion is already well underway, as agents sift through the remaining pieces of the bomb-- hoping to draw a clear picture of how it was built, where it was built, and ultimately, who built it.
The Associated Press has reported that the device was a pressure cooker bomb-- common cookware throughout the world. The crime scene pictures obtained by the FOX 5 I-Team show pieces of a stainless steel pressure cooker with an Underwriters Laboratory number. One picture shows the imprint: Gas and Electric.

Another picture shows what appears to be a black, padded knapsack or duffel bag. Various news outlets have reported that the bomb was carried in a black bag.

Massachusetts General Hospital doctors described removing pellets and headless nails from the bodies of bombing victims. Both doctors and federal agents believe the shrapnel was included to make the bomb deadlier. One of the crime scene picture obtained by the FOX 5 I-Team shows what appear to be ball bearings or small metal pellets.

The FBI had no comment about the crime scene photos.

The FOX 5 I-Team's sources say these and more pictures have been distributed to key investigators involved in the bomb investigation. Now, agents will identify where all the various components were manufactured, and then sold, hoping the trail leads them to the killer or killers.
http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/21996004/exclusive-photos-boston-marathon-bomb

Coming from a hispanic family, we use pressure cookers A LOT. And my mother has always told me stories when she was younger and cooking on one she left it cooking too long and TOO much pressure built up and send the cooker flying up through the ceiling of her kitchen back in Colombia and the beans she was cooking all over the walls. My grandmother suffered burns from it. Well long story short, food alone can make these pressure cookers into a weapon, explains how big of an explosion it caused yesterday at the Marathon. One can only imagine the stuff the guy used to make these things.

Coming from a hispanic family, we use pressure cookers A LOT. And my mother has always told me stories when she was younger and cooking on one she left it cooking too long and TOO much pressure built up and send the cooker flying up through the ceiling of her kitchen back in Colombia and the beans she was cooking all over the walls. My grandmother suffered burns from it. Well long story short, food alone can make these pressure cookers into a weapon, explains how big of an explosion it caused yesterday at the Marathon. One can only imagine the stuff the guy used to make these things.

I knwo exactly what you mean, my mom forever be using it.

I was reading that apparently theres a edited family guy clip that show peter griffen setting off explosives with his phone, a clip asking him about the boston marathon right before. turns out someone made it up, as the clips are unrelated but in the same episode. This sickens me because me and the wife wanna do a 5k fun run and to see a bombing happen at a marathon is scary. My heart goes out to everyone affected by this, such a shame that sick people exist in our society.

Back