Unlucky parking spot

Well, that is the lynch pin. I definitely wouldn't file a claim with my insurance company (and paying the deductible) without knowing it was a guarantee that they would be able to successfully go after the other company. This is one of those situations where I wouldn't have a problem most likely. Really depends on the quality of the insurance company. Honestly, I would fight having to pay the deductible though.

Yeah so would I. Agreed.

I have a $100 deductible. The insurance company has made it clear my rates will NOT go up because of this. They told me as they are going to get the other party to pay whether it be voluntarily or not. After I will be reimbursed.

Quality of the insurance company... and the quality of the painting company's insurance (assuming they are covered). We're talking about roughly a thousand dollars in damage. Court costs and the legal time involved make it somewhat of a problem. I don't know how many insurance companies would want to spend the time going after them for a grand when you start talking time/court costs. I could be wrong

Quality of the insurance company... and the quality of the painting company's insurance (assuming they are covered). We're talking about roughly a thousand dollars in damage. Court costs and the legal time involved make it somewhat of a problem. I don't know how many insurance companies would want to spend the time going after them for a grand when you start talking time/court costs. I could be wrong
They are covered it's just a question of quality of insurance for them.

If it is a grand worth of work, my insurance company will come back and readjust the damage and continue to pay until the car is fixed. They just quoted for the clay bar.

So one of the other guys went to get his car detailed at the sketchy place they tried to make me go. They told him to go there or sue them in court so he went there. They hacked the car up with the buffer. They didn't even get all of the overspay off. uploadfromtaptalk1406786777611.jpguploadfromtaptalk1406786786854.jpguploadfromtaptalk1406786798944.jpguploadfromtaptalk1406786806425.jpguploadfromtaptalk1406786815176.jpguploadfromtaptalk1406786822024.jpg

Just left express. I plan on dropping the car off as soon as my check comes in. These people are amazing. They are going to handle everything to ensure the car is detailed properly.

So one of the other guys went to get his car detailed at the sketchy place they tried to make me go. They told him to go there or sue them in court so he went there. They hacked the car up with the buffer. They didn't even get all of the overspay off. View attachment 39321View attachment 39322View attachment 39323View attachment 39324View attachment 39325View attachment 39326

That looks horrible! Damn I couldve done a better job, and I am by no means a detailer nor am I paid to do it

that car looks horrible... so is that person planning to sue?

that car looks horrible... so is that person planning to sue?
He is trying to go through the corporation I work for to get this taken care of at cost of the painter's since they "forced" him to go there. If they won't take care of this he will sue the detailer and painter.

So the painter's boss just called me and couldn't understand why it would cost $1600 to detail my car. He was trying to handle this before insurance came into play but didn't want to pay out of pocket more than $1000. Well he didn't sound to pleased when I told him my insurance is taken over and dealing with this on my part. He also didn't think it was any of his responsibility to help fix the other guy's car the detailers messed up. What a bunch of cowards. Can't even admit when something is their fault.

Tell his painters to spray his vehicle since he has no problem with it.
I know right. It's ok. He may not want to pay but with insurance handling it now he doesn't really have a choice.

Wow the update in this is amazing. I can't believe what happened to that other guys car! They destroyed his trim and everything! That's just super lazy and not being careful one bit. I hope yours comes out much much better.

Here kid just use this machine all over the car. It'll be fine. ( yes, I know who that guy is and it's a pic from a class, just though it'd be funny)
2BootCampClass040.jpg

This thread is a scary one. I'm never taking my car out of the garage again.

Let us know how yours turns out. Fingers crossed that they do a good job.

It's just amazing how ppl don't want to take responsibility...... @webby hit the nail on the head.........

Two things I've seen on here lately as far as parking awareness goes............
One got eaten with a weed eater, and this one with a spray painter..........

Just guessing on my part, but with the weed-eater, I'm going with parking not only close but maybe a little bit on the grass it self.... (not saying I wouldn't, just be sure I'll be back before they get near my car(or if it's the day they cut).
Same goes with painters... look for signs near where you park........
I know there most be ppl that don't know this, or it wouldn't happen.

Like just parking in general.... Having small cars and mc's for most of my life, I also look for parking so it is easily seen(like keep it even with the cars I'm next to, and not pulling up to the curb(some one might think that spots empty until it's to late).

It's good to see the OP is going the right route, and will end with a good job done......We hope!

Back