Vacation Thread

How was Jamaica for you? My dad went there on a cruise and he said it was sort of scary. They were only allowed on one section of beach and there were a bunch of Jamaican kids coming down to sell necklaces or whatever else

How was Jamaica for you? My dad went there on a cruise and he said it was sort of scary. They were only allowed on one section of beach and there were a bunch of Jamaican kids coming down to sell necklaces or whatever else

We liked Jamaica. Went there in 2012 and 2013 (different parts of the island). But we go to all-inclusive resorts. Mainly stay on the resort.
There are people walking up the beach trying to sell things but for the most part we just say no or shake our heads and they continue on.

I wasn't scared per say but always on guard when out of the country.

We liked Jamaica. Went there in 2012 and 2013 (different parts of the island). But we go to all-inclusive resorts. Mainly stay on the resort.
There are people walking up the beach trying to sell things but for the most part we just say no or shake our heads and they continue on.

I wasn't scared per say but always on guard when out of the country.

Yea, scared was the wrong word but just different I guess

@Dad - here is a video of Punta Cana. Wife loved that excursion (cost extra). I know you asked about Jamaica but I found that in this thread lol

Senor Bootyluvr driving?

I like the warmer weather and beaches too so those places entice me more so.

Jamaica x2
St. Lucia
Mexico
Dominican Republic x2

Those are the places out of the country I've been.

You know

I've noticed a common theme about these locations
But I'm not gonna point it out

200.gif

Jamaica is very split. You have tons of 5 star resorts along the beach for tourists/cruises to spend money, and then you have extreme poverty. If you get away from the resorts you’ll see endless dwellings made from any type of materials they can find.

1616614929677.png

1616614756313.jpeg

Went to Punta Cana when I was 18. Was at a resort that had like 3 in a row on the same beach. Ended up walking to the nicer one one night and meeting some people from newfoundland that were pretty drunk and ignorant. Then I walked into the pool thinking it was the steps to the beach.

I worked at a resort on the beach and a group of friends and I broke in to the resort pool where I worked to try and impress a bunch of girls..

Risked a lot to go home empty handed

I went out of town this past weekend. Galena, IL. Nice Historic area with not much to do but kick back and relax. Drove over the border into Dubuque, IA on Saturday and spent the day Brewery hopping. Got back that night to find a Frat party in the townhouse next to us. That was interesting.

I went out of town this past weekend. Galena, IL. Nice Historic area with not much to do but kick back and relax. Drove over the border into Dubuque, IA on Saturday and spent the day Brewery hopping. Got back that night to find a Frat party in the townhouse next to us. That was interesting.
Oh ****! :eek:

Went to Charlottesville, Virginia a few weeks back and stayed at a place called Arcady Vineyard Bed and Breakfast. It was a nice bed & breakfast with 5 rooms. We had the smallest room (only one available for the time we were staying) but it was fine for us. No complaints.

1625746607426.png

1625746620729.png

1625746634959.png

1625746651857.png

We went to Carter Mountain Orchard for live music, food truck and wine slushies! :woot:

View from Carter Mountain Orchard

1625746396226.png

1625746371661.png

Saw Thomas Jefferson's Monticello

1625746466258.png

We went to a few wineries and some other history tourist places (wife's idea)

Jefferson Winery

1625746831718.png

Want to plan another trip... Just don't know where.

Rental car prices are ridiculous. MIL priced one up while her SUV is getting repairs and it's around $1500 for 2 weeks and that's for a basic "economy" car.

Also wife wants to go to Hawaii for our 10 year anniversary May 2022... I need to start planning that.

Try turo.com and see if you find anything decent there

Thanks.

I was talking about rental car for my MIL. Fortunately she's a teacher and not working until end of next month. My wife will take her where she needs to go (no where really) and I can get her groceries when I'm out getting ours.

Cool! Have fun.

I've watched the tiny house tv shows but don't think I could live in one. How long you there for?
Until Nov 11th. My wife says she could live in one. This one was a little too small for me, sink was in my face while pooping. If it was just me and her I could probably do it without kids. 20211107_083011.jpg20211107_134943.jpg

Back