What are you having for dinner?

That looks good! Why they say don't smoke it?

some of my coworkers are from mexico, so the smoked approach isnt true barbacoa

How did you like it smoked? It looks good in pics at least

i thought it tasted great, the smoke manages to come through with the chilis in the sauce with a nice balance

I was left to my own devices this weekend. I’m planning on making hamburgers for dinner this week and have struggled with good buns from the store. So I made some.

Then I realized I don’t have any ground beef to make the burgers themselves. 5D84DDF8-8DDC-4DD4-88D7-445F18DABCD9.jpeg

What’s your recipe for them? I make buns on occasion but theyre usually last minute and pretty firm

Grabbed one off the internet. Literally took almost all day with how long I let them rise. 2-2.5 hours each rise cycle (it’s still cold in the PNW). I might have eaten one last night and it was super tasty and quite fluffy. I added about an extra quarter cup of flour because the dough stayed too sticky given the instructions. Throwing dough on the counter was quite satisfying.

Last night I made steak, baked potatoes and green beans. My buddy came over and had dinner with me.

For lunch I meal prepped ground turkey w/ taco seasoning, peppers, rice, diced chili peppers, tomatoes and guac.

Back