Who is thinking about being the first full-race turbo owner?

The EFR series turbo gives that linear power delivery rendering the supercharger obsolete. Now, this is not coming from personal experience, but that's what I understand about the EFR line of turbochargers. If it's not the case, then I can understand the supercharger thing. However, five grand for 50 horsepower and 30lb/ft seems ridiculous. You could make that with cams and a tune for a lot cheaper. The stage 2 pulley and tune should come with the kit, not cost anything extra. However, I have no idea what their profit margin is, so I could be way outta line. Hell, I may even end up going the supercharger route. Before the EFR turbos came out that's exactly what I was going to do with my single cam EJ1. I've still got the supercharger, actually (I don't own the car anymore and it has a GSR swap now). If the EFR ends up performing very similarly to other turbochargers, I will probably end up getting the supercharger. I like the power band they deliver better than the peaky turbo power band. $5k+ just seems like a **** load of money for the marginal power gains the supercharger kit offers. I mean, that's almost a quarter of the cost of the whole brand new car.

The EFR series turbo gives that linear power delivery rendering the supercharger obsolete. Now, this is not coming from personal experience, but that's what I understand about the EFR line of turbochargers. If it's not the case, then I can understand the supercharger thing. However, five grand for 50 horsepower and 30lb/ft seems ridiculous. You could make that with cams and a tune for a lot cheaper. The stage 2 pulley and tune should come with the kit, not cost anything extra. However, I have no idea what their profit margin is, so I could be way outta line. Hell, I may even end up going the supercharger route. Before the EFR turbos came out that's exactly what I was going to do with my single cam EJ1. I've still got the supercharger, actually (I don't own the car anymore and it has a GSR swap now). If the EFR ends up performing very similarly to other turbochargers, I will probably end up getting the supercharger. I like the power band they deliver better than the peaky turbo power band. $5k+ just seems like a **** load of money for the marginal power gains the supercharger kit offers. I mean, that's almost a quarter of the cost of the whole brand new car.

I'm not saying that you aren't right but some people just prefer a supercharger and they are "safer" boost because you don't have to worry about a boost spike if there is a wastegate failure or if you use a cheap one. A supercharger will only supply soo much boost and there are less components to fail.

I'll be going turbo and I'm a big fan of them as well but they are both good options.

Is Hondata working on a flash pro tune?
flashpro is a separate unit from the reflash that they offer now.

flashpro_with_obd2_cable.jpg

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WIR7-DguUQ

yeah ride, look at some of the 8th generation forums for flashpro information (since it has been active there for years) and check out some tuning sites, like flashprotuning.com for information on that stuff

yes, you just need a computer to adjust settings.

I'm not saying that you aren't right but some people just prefer a supercharger and they are "safer" boost because you don't have to worry about a boost spike if there is a wastegate failure or if you use a cheap one. A supercharger will only supply soo much boost and there are less components to fail.

I'll be going turbo and I'm a big fan of them as well but they are both good options.
I see what you're saying about the possibility of a boost spike because of waste gate failure or cheap parts, but the kit in question is the Full Race kit which uses an EFR turbo, which is supposedly of the highest quality. Any supercharger is going to cause more strain on an engine than any turbocharger, not withstanding some catastrophic failure, because of the fact that it's belt driven. In addition to the boost pressure putting strain on the engine's internals, there is also more strain because of the addition of a belt driven accessory. Turbochargers are there for inherently "safer boost" than a supercharger. The supercharger may have a tendency to be more consistent, but there's more constant strain on the engine than there is with a turbocharger.

Ride if you're thinking about joining the military, good luck with ever making car mods!! :nervous:
3 years in the Army and still paycheck to paycheck.
But just owning the new SI is worth it in itself! :woot:

^I've never heard that before. I know a couple of people in the army who are making pretty decent money and have legit turbo setups in their cars. Actually, a lot of army guys have modded cars.

^I've never heard that before. I know a couple of people in the army who are making pretty decent money and have legit turbo setups in their cars. Actually, a lot of army guys have modded cars.
Like my buddy... 3 kids, living on base. He has no rent, no bills, gets all kinds of paid benefits (basicly welfare)... not to mention a 12k+ tax return each year because of all the dependents. But he has one sweet 400hp Mazda speed 3.

Not sour, he works his butt off... but for a E4 he is living well.

Back