xXCiviXx's 2013 DBP Si aka Alice (Picture Heavy)

You won't like that exhaust unless you like super loud. :(
I thought you were going to say that hahaha. It was a really good deal and has the silencer installed. Tomorrow will really tell!

I'm curious if I could keep the midpipe and trade the axel back off a different exhaust if someone wanted something louder. Mostly wondering because the only other Si's here that have exhausts are typically sedans.

Or Skunk2 midpipe with stock muffler for louder but not super loud?

I thought you were going to say that hahaha. It was a really good deal and has the silencer installed. Tomorrow will really tell!

I'm curious if I could keep the midpipe and trade the axel back off a different exhaust if someone wanted something louder. Mostly wondering because the only other Si's here that have exhausts are typically sedans.

Or Skunk2 midpipe with stock muffler for louder but not super loud?

Yeah I'm not a big fan of loud exhaust unless the car is making some serious amount of power. I had Full Race before Q300 and even that exhaust was too loud for me. The drone at highway speeds got old very quickly.

I've heard Skunk2 in person with and without silencer and it was obnoxiously loud. Some people have catless DP and say that it's not that loud:shady::screwy:

Yeah I'm not a big fan of loud exhaust unless the car is making some serious amount of power. I had Full Race before Q300 and even that exhaust was too loud for me. The drone at highway speeds got old very quickly.

I've heard Skunk2 in person with and without silencer and it was obnoxiously loud. Some people have catless DP and say that it's not that loud:shady::screwy:
Hahaha I had it installed with the silencer in and it sounded nice. Not too loud but still pretty loud. I took the silencer out for drive to hear how it sounds and it's quite loud. Haven't gone above 4k RPM. I'm curious to hear it outside of the car with and without the silencer so i can complete my decision if I like it on my car.

Still sounds really good and has a nice deep tone. But the loudness will definitely be too much for a daily without the silencer.

It is loud but not too loud (from the outside). On the inside, the drone can get pretty loud but feathering the throttle seems to stop it. It has a really nice, deep tone, but I'm still excited to finally have an exhaust so i might have to wait for the excitement to die down before I can completely know how I feel about it. However, I have a growing number of fans of the exhaust after a few friends have heard it the past couple days

ACUITY linkage bushings installed! Feels great so far. Nice and smooth. Just waiting for the short shifter to come in stock so my order will ship out from Axion. Gunna get the Buddy Club shifter with the K Tuned bushings and 62a RMM. Hopefully this makes shifting a dream!!
20160502_124814.jpg

Couple updates, got a remote starter installed and a new subwoofer (JL 12W3v3-2) in a high output enclosure made by JL Audio. Both are amazing. Honestly don't know why I didn't get a car starter sooner. And go figure, I pull the trigger on it when its summer weather hahaha.

Also made some new friends at some local meets. One is the owner of a 2015 Si coupe. Nice to finally know some local 9th gen enthusiasts up here!

20160513_131727.jpg FB_IMG_1463039657814.jpg FB_IMG_1463039386675.jpg

New shift knob and new tired today! Blox 490 Neo Chrome knob and Nitto Motivo 215/45/17 tires. Look meatier than the stock Michelin tires and so far nice and quiet in comparison
Old shift knob (Blox 440 Torch Blue Type R knob)
20160527_172344.jpg 20160527_172350.jpg
New knob (Blox 490 Spherical Neo Chrome)
20160527_183007.jpg 20160527_183011.jpg

Hey Buddy, how are your coilovers holding up after a year of using them? Any noises or clunks when driving? Also is the rear spring rusted or still has factory paint on it? Thanks

Hey Buddy, how are your coilovers holding up after a year of using them? Any noises or clunks when driving? Also is the rear spring rusted or still has factory paint on it? Thanks
So far so good. No noises. Ride is still great but they are showing a good amount of wear from the past winter. :(.

On an unrelated note, just got my BUDDY Club Short Shifter and k-tuned base bushings in the mail and just finishing up the install. Hopefully gunna get my 62a RMM on this afternoon too. And if the weather holds out here, might even get my headlights finished before the weekend!!! Lots of work still ahead though.

What exactly is showing wear after winter? Threads and springs I assume?

probably all of the threads for height adjustment. Canada/salt/snow - rust

Dang!! That thread doesn't look so pretty

Back