2013 9thcivic.com Tail of The Dragon II - Chat, Pics, and Videos thread

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Youtube uploads are hideously slow... I should have at least one up when I get home from work shortly.... Ill drop the link in here as soon as its done.

squiggy

Cartographer
Super Mod
Michiana
Vehicle Model
'12 Civic Si
Body Style
DBP II Coupe

Monk

SW Virginia
Vehicle Model
2012 Civic EX
Body Style
Coupe FG3:ASM
I'm asking on this tread because of the amount of night riders at the Dragon this last week........ I need a more peripheral light spread "with-out" having to use my high beams...... So do the factory auxiliary lights light up the sides of the roads, and do they stay on with the low and high beams? Or at least with the low beams?

jrotax101

Avada Kedavra
Super Mod
Hogwarts
Vehicle Model
BMW
Body Style
M3
Unfortunately, you'd have to get projectors in order to increase the "spread" from the halogen reflectors. It was the best modification I ever did on my Si, even moreso than the supercharger. I had SC430 projectors, which are similar to the below. Nothing like being able to get 7 lanes width on the interstate.

RX350 Projector output:

Monk

SW Virginia
Vehicle Model
2012 Civic EX
Body Style
Coupe FG3:ASM
Actually I didn't have a problem with spread with my stock lights on high beam....... BUT, I can't keep them on high when another car approaches, if the fogs will give me as much spread as stock high beams I'd be satisfied?

mikey6p

Members Only
Lakewood, CA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sidan
Actually I didn't have a problem with spread with my stock lights on high beam....... BUT, I can't keep them on high when another car approaches, if the fogs will give me as much spread as stock high beams I'd be satisfied?
Real honestly, the fog lights don't light up very much of the road at all, they have nice spread but it's only like 5 feet out in front of the car. As @jrotax101 previously mentioned, projector retrofits are almost worth their weight in gold.

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Real honestly, the fog lights don't light up very much of the road at all, they have nice spread but it's only like 5 feet out in front of the car. As @jrotax101 previously mentioned, projector retrofits are almost worth their weight in gold.
This again. The fogs don't put out much distance. It'll put out some width, but they don't project for very far.