Bikes!!!! (MTB, Road, etc... just no motors)

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots

Nomar06

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Charlotte, NC
Vehicle Model
Fiesta ST (FiST)
Body Style
hatch
Got me a new ride....time to get my Lance Armstrong on but with two testies and no doping. :giggle:

Attachments

• 2012-10-28_17-36-26_434.jpg
    2012-10-28_17-36-26_434.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13

Nomar06

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Charlotte, NC
Vehicle Model
Fiesta ST (FiST)
Body Style
hatch
From the little riding I did yesterday it was super smooth and shifted nicely. Currently it needs a good wipe down(might buff it, lol), the handlebar tape needs to be replaced(guy gave me a new one), needs road bike pedals and not mt bike pedals, lol and needs a new chain. Prob will be taking in to a local bike shop to get fitted and a tune up, headset needs adjusting. Will be looking at buying correct pedals, shoes and some riding gear.

Nomar06

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Charlotte, NC
Vehicle Model
Fiesta ST (FiST)
Body Style
hatch
I picked up a pair of these today from one of the local bike shops.

Shimano R191

They shop gave me a great discount on them. The fit was way better than the "beginners" shoes I tried on(put on 4 different pairs) and these are way nicer. The carbon composite bottoms make me drool....:giggle: Ordering the pedals and cleats tonight.

Reactions: Nix

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Nice! That's a super upgrade. It is definitely the most bang for the buck performance you can get. You will definitely feel the difference.

jrotax101

Avada Kedavra
Super Mod
Hogwarts
Vehicle Model
BMW
Body Style
M3
I took the plunge and bought a bike on ebay. A friend of mine was driving past the location and picked it up 2 weeks later on his way back from vacation.
I got it on my rack after my road ride on saturday morning.

It's a 2011 Cannondale 29er Trail SL2. I live super close to some awesome trails, with Blankets Creek voted one of the best in the U.S. I want to get out more but there is too much traffic to ride on the road apart from early early on weekend mornings, so the MTB opens a new avenue for me. It helps a friend lives close and is a hardcore MTB guy.

With the roadie..

Nomar06

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Charlotte, NC
Vehicle Model
Fiesta ST (FiST)
Body Style
hatch
Nice pickup! How are you liking the hitch rack? Looking to go this route with the Accord or make something to retro the bike tray from my roof rack onto a hitch.

jrotax101

Avada Kedavra
Super Mod
Hogwarts
Vehicle Model
BMW
Body Style
M3
Love it. Stay away from the Saris hitch racks. The part that holds the rack into the receiver is a threaded nut contained in a plastic housing, which breaks. My friend at the LBS says 1 in 4 come back broken.

The Kuat is fantastic. All they do is make hitch racks, so they excel in it. I got the basic model (Beta 2) but the others are super super nice but out of my budget.

http://kuatracks.com/en/
The quality far exceeds ANYTHING i've seen from Thule, Yakima or Saris.

Nomar06

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Charlotte, NC
Vehicle Model
Fiesta ST (FiST)
Body Style
hatch
Thanks for the heads up....def like the anti-sway stuff it has. some come in white too, lol.

jrotax101

Avada Kedavra
Super Mod
Hogwarts
Vehicle Model
BMW
Body Style
M3
I wish I could have afforded the NV. The white lower model is nice too. I think on a bigger car I'd go with the "sit on" type vs the hanging one like I have now. I tried one on my civic and it stuck out a lot on the sides :(

hotshot

I wish I could have afforded the NV. The white lower model is nice too. I think on a bigger car I'd go with the "sit on" type vs the hanging one like I have now. I tried one on my civic and it stuck out a lot on the sides :(

Mrsjrotax says y'all are from the N Metro ATL area. Do y'all ever ride Blankets Creek?

jrotax101

Avada Kedavra
Super Mod
Hogwarts
Vehicle Model
BMW
Body Style
M3
I got the bike with the intention of riding blankets multiple times per week. We're about 3 miles away; about halfway between there and rope mill. You ride there?

hotshot

Occasionally. Me, my brother in law ans a few friends. I'll probably be back out when it warms up. My doctor wanted me to ease up on the riding while I'm on these meds for asthma.

Nomar06

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Charlotte, NC
Vehicle Model
Fiesta ST (FiST)
Body Style
hatch
I wish I had people to ride with around here. Also, all the damn tree roots at all the trails I ride in is turning me off the dirt.

Robert....I have some "clip on" pedals for a mountain bike if you want to buy. Kinda beat up but seem to spin fine.