Bikes!!!! (MTB, Road, etc... just no motors)

jrotax101

Avada Kedavra
Super Mod
Hogwarts
Vehicle Model
BMW
Body Style
M3
I already have some SPDs, thanks though.

Nomar06

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Charlotte, NC
Vehicle Model
Fiesta ST (FiST)
Body Style
hatch
Once I the the rack situation figured out I should make my way down to you for a long weekend of road and trail riding, lol.

hotshot

Once I the the rack situation figured out I should make my way down to you for a long weekend of road and trail riding, lol.

We got some pretty cool trails around here. Woodstock and Alpharetta GA are a pretty large biking community.

JRotax, once I get back on the saddle, I'll hit you up. VMT nearly killed me so I have to conquer it. Lol.

jrotax101

Avada Kedavra
Super Mod
Hogwarts
Vehicle Model
BMW
Body Style
M3
We can do a silver comet ride.. 50-60mile or so one morning.

Nomar06

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Charlotte, NC
Vehicle Model
Fiesta ST (FiST)
Body Style
hatch
32 miles is my longest ride so far on the road bike. Needs to warm up again....

jrotax101

Avada Kedavra
Super Mod
Hogwarts
Vehicle Model
BMW
Body Style
M3
I did 25 on saturday morning.. 32f out with wind. lol. Top: base layer, thermal jersey,long sleeve barrier jacket. Bottom: Bib shorts, leg warmers, thermal socks. Had a face mask and actually overheated on the climbs! lol

There's lots of stuff out there to ride in the cold. Now I have no excuses.. lol

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Nice bikes Jro. I hate riding in the cold. I can't wait for spring. It's definitely dry enough to ride but im just lazy when it's below freezing.

If anyone comes to the northeast and would like to go riding or do something totally insane and go downhilling I have extra bikes and gear.

jrotax101

Avada Kedavra
Super Mod
Hogwarts
Vehicle Model
BMW
Body Style
M3
Went for a longer ride this morning.. started off at 34, finished around 40f. brr. Forgot my shoe covers.. toes were ICED :(
50.9 miles total. Started Strada after a 6 mile warm up ( literally.. joints were so cold)..

Nomar06

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Charlotte, NC
Vehicle Model
Fiesta ST (FiST)
Body Style
hatch
That is a great average speed, especially with the elevation change you experienced. Huffing up a hill really makes a difference.

The hills kill me.....I'm avreging around 14mph with elv. gains of 500-700 ft or so.

KennyGS

How may I help?
Keystone State
About twenty years ago, I used to ride every morning before work (weather permitting) about 20 miles, and would average 18-20 mph. Lots of big/long hills. They are killers, especially for a guy weighing 200+ pounds.

jrotax101

Avada Kedavra
Super Mod
Hogwarts
Vehicle Model
BMW
Body Style
M3

BlacklistRogue

El Paso, TX
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
I have severe injuries from past deployments which makes running absolutely awful. Do you think starting out with cycling could help me shed some weight

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Hell yeah! Cadence MF'er! 70-80rpm.

You guys are lucky you can still ride its 12F here today.

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
BlacklistRogue : I think it could definitely help. It's low impact. Very easy to work up to higher intensities as you get feeling better and more in shape. What are your injuries/ current limitations? I might be able to recommend a bike or style of bike depending.

BlacklistRogue

El Paso, TX
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
I have pins in right ankle and torn ACL & MCL. Fractured pelvis and pins in my fore arm. Lol I'm not bed ridden anymore and I can function just fine. But when I start to run oh boy!!!

KennyGS

How may I help?
Keystone State
I had my left hip completely replaced with titanium, and will be going back to biking come spring. Running for me is out of the question. I will be most interested in trail riding.