Nomar06

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Charlotte, NC
Vehicle Model
Fiesta ST (FiST)
Body Style
hatch
If the meet is the same time as the 8th site meet, I think there will be users who avoid it. Especially if cook isn't heading it up, or if the owners get involved.

Yea, I didnt think the owners of 8th would bother with 9thcivic people, but that wont be the intent. I can just continue with 8ccd vii and there can be an unrelated 9th meet with no dedicated itinerary. I didnt plan on much of an itinerary for the meet anyway, just hang out and drive.

Honestly I don't think the owners of the 8th did anything for any of the meets. The only thing I can think of is the time Stew came down and bought the group some subs and gave out the hoodies for the staff members. Oh...also bringing down the Stickered up ride.

I wish Tappoco Lodge was a little less expencive. I would love to have the 9th Gen meet there.

Nomar06

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Charlotte, NC
Vehicle Model
Fiesta ST (FiST)
Body Style
hatch
Ah....didn't put the name together with the Stew, lol.

I liked Tappoco better...just seemed like everyone hung out with everyone back then, not all seperated all over te place too. We were either on the street that connected the cabins or in the main parking lot all all times. We had some good times with the Canuck motor cyclist, Eric, Cam playing pool and drinking the brown liq. Eric brought till 3 or 4 am in the small game room Tappoco had.

jrotax101

Avada Kedavra
Super Mod
Hogwarts
Vehicle Model
BMW
Body Style
M3
Fontana seemed like less socializing and more cliques who know each other kind of stuff because it was all stretched out. At Tapoco it was so on top of each other that you HAD to socialize! lol

death_roll

Always
Vehicle Model
a happy face
so if Stew is gonna head it up I'll pm him tonight and get the low down, I'd be 100% down for a 9th meet at tapoco. What dates?? lol

death_roll

Always
Vehicle Model
a happy face
It sucks because I already contacted Fontana, I guess that's Stew's job now lol, does anyone have Tapoco's number?? I heard it's a bit nicer than Fontana but more $$$

jrotax101

Avada Kedavra
Super Mod
Hogwarts
Vehicle Model
BMW
Body Style
M3
Holy **** I'll pass on that. Before they closed down it was like 80/n

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
compared to fontana village - Lodge Rooms range from $59 to $119 depending on season. (that'd be like the hotel rooms, not the cabins) I was thinking the hotel rooms at tapoco were less than 100 as well. I can't imagine the group rate changes the pricing that drastically.

death_roll

Always
Vehicle Model
a happy face
If we stuck to a group of cabins at Fontana, it would be cheap, and also have that feeling of close companionship that Tapoco has. But $220/night is ridiculous. We could get some cabins either close to the lodge or away up the hill a bit, but then it's far from the game room, etc.

I PM'ed Stew and offered him to take up the 8thcivic meet, I don't wanna get myself involved in both, plus I think the 9th meet will be better. The last few 8th meets had too many people.

Cookstar

NC
Hey everyone. Just wanted to answer a few questions. Someone else will be the organizer of 8CCD this year but I don't want to say who since he hasn't told me that he was definitely going to do it. Stew and Dwayn may be more involved this year. I don't know. They probably would have done more the last couple years if I would have asked them to.

I think the Tapoco meets were awesome but the prices there are ridiculous now. You're really stuck with Fontana unless you have deep pockets.

Edit: the person has attended two previous meets

Status
Not open for further replies.