2012 Civic MPG - share your current gas mileage

Is "previous" an entire fill-up, or what does that signify?

2012 Si Coupe:

Im getting various mileage out of the car. On a 250mile trip from Houston to Dallas I stopped just north of Houston on 45 and filled up the tank with 93 octane, got back on the highway and put the car on cruise control @72mph. I got 41mpg driving non stop, never accelerating or braking the whole way from Houston to Dallas.

During my normal drives around the city, some highway driving and some city street driving I average 31mpg.

Spirited driving, shifting at 6K RPMs or higher, I will get 18mpg or less...I try not to do this often as Premium gasoline is going for $4.069/gallon in HTown these days.

Those are some excellent mileage readings.... I do 65% highway/35% city and get a consistent 29.3 mpg. Now interesting enough, if I do all city driving .... and even did a one hour trip this weekend of all highway driving, my MPG has not budged! (windows closed, recommended tire pressure, 55, etc...). It's almost as if the MPG readout is stuck.

Is there anyway to reset it?

have you reset your trip meter when you fill up with gas?

Those are some excellent mileage readings.... I do 65% highway/35% city and get a consistent 29.3 mpg. Now interesting enough, if I do all city driving .... and even did a one hour trip this weekend of all highway driving, my MPG has not budged! (windows closed, recommended tire pressure, 55, etc...). It's almost as if the MPG readout is stuck.

Is there anyway to reset it?

Its in the I-Mid section. I set Trip A to reset eachtime I put gas in the car. It has to a substantial amount though. I put $10 in one day and it did not reset. Trip B still has all the original miles on it, so when I switch to trip B it does show something like 30mpg and it doesn't really change. It's good to know what you are getting out of each tank though.

OK ... reset my trip and now it reads that I am getting 35mpg combined ... now that is the gas mileage I would expect! I will verify this with my manual calculation next time I fill up just to be sure.

question for 2012si_kcrow....how did you set the trip so it auto resets each time you add gas?

There you go! As for resetting it - you do it manually. Just push it each time you fill your gas tank.

OK ... reset my trip and now it reads that I am getting 35mpg combined ... now that is the gas mileage I would expect! I will verify this with my manual calculation next time I fill up just to be sure.

question for 2012si_kcrow....how did you set the trip so it auto resets each time you add gas?

You can set the i-Mid system to do it automatically for either Trip A or Trip B. I use Trip B to show mileage between maintenance intervals and Trip A for fuel, so Trip A is the one that I have on auto reset at each fill-up. I will have to look in the manual to find exactly how I did it, it is under the i-Mid section I'm guessing. I don't remember exactly how I did it, I just remember the first day I had the car I sat in it for over an hour going through each setting in the i-Mid system and tweaking them (such as: how long the interior and exterior lights stay on, which doors lock and unlock automatically and when, MPG gauge settings, and so on). I will post back in the morning on my way to work, I'll flip through the manual or see if I can't remember where I went in i-Mid to do this. Stay tuned Scott….and webby you too, if you're still resetting yours manually this will blow your mind! lol, seriously, it's cool that i-Mid does this automatically, I'm all about computer technology eliminating things that I'd have to remember to do each time (i.e. - resetting Trip A meter @each fill-up). Now if only i-Mid would alert me when a friend or family members birthday or anniversary is coming up this would be one hell of a computer tech for the Civic!

Scott -
Instructions for changing i-Mid Trip Auto Reset:

Press Menu on steering wheel
Scroll down to "customize settings", press source
Scroll to "trip computer setup" press source again,
The second option should read something like, "Trip A Reset with Refuel",
Select it and press source. Now you can turn it on.

Didn't know the imid offered that- thank you!

I went out to jersey this past sat n got 26.9 mpg highest ever on my si. I usually get about 22mpg which is low compared to some posts I've been reading. My bf drives the car hard, he wants to see how fast it can go lol, n he vtechs, I've only vtech like once and barely go past 90 that's rare. I like to see the mpg climb, n he pays attn to the power. It's funny cuz when I drive after he has, it's interesting to see the range climb like 30-40 miles higher than it was when he was driving lol. I do mostly city tho so that has to do with it too I guess. Here's hoping I get the 25 combined as suggested one day.

now that I am reseting my MPG/trip at each fill up I see 32-34 average with mixed city/hwy and 38 with solid hwy driving (windows closed, no eco & about 65-70mph). average). I am very happy with this!!

I hit 27.8 today!! Lol. This is after a gas fill up trip reset tho so it's all me. I also found another way to keep track of your mpg if u have navi at least. If u click trip computer on the navi screen, it wil show u ur current mpg for ur current drive, meaning since u started the car and also from your last drive. Then if you click history of trip A tab it will show the mpg history of trip A for th last 3 trips including current trip. I find this fascinating, although its most likely not accurate but i like it. I definitely notice more the difference between me n my bf driving. He gets like mpg in the teens for his current drive lol while I get over 25. Hit over 28 once on that screen :D.

Back