2012 Civic MPG - share your current gas mileage

Last month on a trip to Pensacola FL i got 43.7 with the econ on and A/C off, Coming back i got 41.9 with the econ on and A/C on all highway, 2012 LX coupe with 2012 SI wheels & tires. Been getting around 31.4 - 35.7 city driving with econ off and using A/C.

I drive an Si.

Lately, 90% city with a good amount of stop and go (streetlight timing, not heavy traffic). 22mpg.
When I mix highway and city, anywhere from 27 to 32 mpg.
When mostly highway, 35 - 37mpg

2012 Si Sedan w/ 2012 CR-Z 17 inch wheels, around 32 freeway/city combined (premium unleaded). Haven't gone a whole tank on freeway.

2012 Si Coupe, most of the time my avg. is 32.7 - 32.9. Which isn't bad considering where I live is very hilly due to nearby foothills. Every now and then I'll break 33 mpg, my record is 33.4 mpg so far.

i hate all of you. im stuck at a wimpy 24 mpg. although this is a significant upgrade from the 16mpg i was getting on my DC5

Now that I have added injen cai and tsudo 70mm cat back my average is currently 31.7 whereas I couldn't break an average of 30.9 before hand

Now going by this pic the most I've ever seen was about 34mpg before cai and exhaust looks like I'm now getting around 2mpg more than I was. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342915620.951505.jpg

yo wtf, you guys all have such high mpg. where do u guys live?! its probably because i live in nyc so thats a gas killer

reading this thread makes me so jealous everyones got 30-40 mpg. lol im stuck down here with 24.1. i havent been able to pass 24.1 yet. but like i said, it is a major jump from the 16 i was getting on my rsx haha

I'm guessing there isn't a lot of "driving" in nyc where you are? More like sitting at stoplights and gridlock?

2012 LX couple 5 speed. Best I have -milked- out of it on a ~50 mile trip was 44MPG. If I let speed go from 75ish downhill to 68 up hill it will return 41.5. Cruise set at 72 in moderately hilly area it did 39 MPG on a 400 mile trip. In town I get ~35 driving fairly sane but not like a granny either. Car has about 1500 miles on it, might improve as engine loosens up.. The computer seems fairly close on my car to calculations. I use econ on highway, off in town.I'm totally pleased with the MPG I am getting.

Did my normal break in, 150 miles normal/brisk then 50 miles of beating on it to seat the rings. I think some people make the mistake of driving new engines easy for too long. BTW hasn't used a bit of oil yet either and looks clear still.

quick update: i got 37.5 MPG going up to lake george and 33.5 back round trip (3.5-4 hours up and down, about 185 miles, had to make a few stops, got in some traffic around albany) averaged 70-75mph up and back each way, windows/sunroof open up, AC on 2-3 for fan speed on way back

Bought automatic '12 Civic LX Sedan on January 3, 2012. On July 7th went on first 5000 mile check up. Informed only averaging 24.5 mpg. Dealership Service Rep said would check out car's specs and change oil. Now after three fill ups, MPG has slightly gotten worst. No change in driving patterns. Service Rep said I needed to give car more time to "break in." Did not say how much more time should I give. Has anyone had similiar issues and does giving it more time sound correct? Previous car was a '94 Honda Civic DX manual. Averaged 38 mpg in the beginning years, then 36 mpg, and finally I would say the last six years averaged 32 mpg. Drop in mileage I was told was simply old age. Had changed the clutch only once in the 235,000 miles driven. Only major repair was the AC. I replaced because I felt after 18.5 years of driving the same care it was time for a change.

do you sit in a lot of traffic... city driving? Eco mode on/off? Tire PSI...air filter ok?

Just drove around 40 miles tonight to south beach then to an ale house.
Highway driving at 65 was averaging me around 35 mpg, city as soon as i got on a coast at 45-50 get like 40+, but the shifting to it and the red lights really mess up the average.
Overall MPG was 31 and i hit Vtec a couple times as well, usual city driving is shifting at 2.5k rpms
I think what messes up the MPG the most for me is that i tend to leave the car on sometimes and just mess with the options which i'm still learning :D. MPG drops drastically when you do this for 20 mins or so as it counts it as 0.
Not that the Si was made for MPG numbers, but it will be my daily driver to and from school for the next year and will be a 40ish miles per day.
What speed do you guys feel gets the best MPGs on highway... I felt that the car ran better on 6th at 65 or so than 55

Back