Acura ILX Concept Unveiling Detroit Auto Show

acura ilx patent renderings

The 2013 ILX stands a little bit higher and rides on smaller wheels, while Acura also simplified the design of the front bumper openings and replaced the concept's LED strips with regular fog lights.

The model seen in the patent images also does away with the side skirts and the decorative air vents positioned on the lower corners of the rear bumper. Other than that, nothing else has changed.

2013_Acura_ILX_11_255B3_255D.jpg

2013_Acura_ILX_13.sized.jpg

2013_Acura_ILX_14_255B3_255D.jpg

2013_Acura_ILX_12_255B3_255D.sized.jpg

:whiteflag: looked significantly better before.... :sadbanana:

All about wheels and stance.....the 3/4 front pic looks good, the rear not so good. Guess we will have to wait till it hits the streets.

I'm hoping that's just a baseline style that can be "improved" with a performance package. Otherwise yeah, I liked the concept style much better.

I'm no longer the wind beneath your wings
-Bette

Where the heck is the exhaust tip? Couldn't they borrow that from the Si or current TSX? I do like the interior but I really need to see what it looks like in person, especially loaded with options (see aero kit).

The more I look at the production style, the uglier it gets. No amount of alcohol is going to change that.

Acura is holding a media event in Arizona this week for the RDX and ILX. Buzz at the event is that the 2013 ILX will be priced at a starting point of around $27000 when it goes on sale next month. Full pricing and info to be released by Tues.

Back