Jackson Racing announces R18 Rotrex Supercharger kit

Are there any available aftermarket cams for the r18s?

GoPower makes one. They basically only ever have one in stock because its a regrind of the stock cam. You order, they send you the regrind, you send them your original. I think it only added 10hp on the top end but basically eliminated the econ lobe that holds the car back in the lower RPM range. I don't even think it was really worth getting unless you were going to go turbo but not many people had.

I think with this jackson release that a couple more companies might step up and make a "real" cam.

GoPower is out of business now.

What! Really? How did that happen? I thought they were pretty successful.

you could talk to 420Coupe

I know he was talking about cams from svm - old owner of the k20a forum.

When CJ left, things got iffy with that business. VitViper might also know.

I can vouch for perkyperformance, also the only tuner i would recommend for the R18 he knows what he's doing as he owns one personally and has personally designed all the cams.

Josh knows his ish go to him to get your cam let him know you're also looking for a tune and he'll probably hook it up guys a beast and really doesnt stop tuning and tweaking till its done. He owns and built an R18 of his own hes definitely One of, if not the BEST R18A1 Tuner in the US.

I can vouch for perkyperformance, also the only tuner i would recommend for the R18 he knows what he's doing as he owns one personally and has personally designed all the cams.

Josh knows his ish go to him to get your cam let him know you're also looking for a tune and he'll probably hook it up guys a beast and really doesnt stop tuning and tweaking till its done. He owns and built an R18 of his own hes definitely One of, if not the BEST R18A1 Tuner in the US.

Now we wait patiently for flashpro..........................................................................................

I have a buddy that works for groups a auto sports which owns skunk 2 and kraft werks supercharger. He just told me they are designing a supercharger kit for the 2012 2013 non si civic. So I imagine there must be a flash pro being available real soon.

I just shot another message to Perky Tuning about their R18 cams they have been working on. Haven't heard anything back yet but it's a small operation and just a couple days before christmas... Ill let you guys know when I hear back from them. The guy who runs the place is also a very good R18 tuner from what ive heard and read from other boosted non-si owners.

I just shot another message to Perky Tuning about their R18 cams they have been working on. Haven't heard anything back yet but it's a small operation and just a couple days before christmas... Ill let you guys know when I hear back from them. The guy who runs the place is also a very good R18 tuner from what ive heard and read from other boosted non-si owners.
thinking about getting cams for yours?

Indeed. SC with cams and a tune. I know the cam is one of the big restrictions on this motor.

I have all sorts of bad ideas that I like to fully explore. Hahahah... but yes, depending on whats going on I want my DD to be a little more exciting. If I could get around 250whp with this SC, cam, and FP tune I would probably go for it. It's fairly inexpensive compared to a whole new car.

With the current living situation having 2 more major moves in the forecast I don't see us getting a house anytime soon. That puts the second car out of the question.

Back