JAYBLS' 2012 CBP Si Sedan

I don't know yet. Maybe not initially, but I may once I have all the other stuff I mentioned in the above post. I still want it to be distinguished as a '12, so I may leave that stuff gray.

That picture is from a '13 EX-L coupe. The EX sedan seats are definitely different. I think the EX-L coupe seat covers would fit our seats. I'm really leaning toward doing the OEM '13 EX-l seat covers, door panels, and steering wheel. Probably will end up having to do some sort of custom shift boot to match it all.

I just realized that things would look off if you didn't do the door panels from the EXL with the matching leather to the seats.. I'm scared to see what the total cost of those parts are on Majestic or Collegehills..

I just realized that things would look off if you didn't do the door panels from the EXL with the matching leather to the seats.. I'm scared to see what the total cost of those parts are on Majestic or Collegehills..

I don't think it would look too off. Especially if you could find someone to redo the stitching on the leather in red.

Both front seats and center armrest at CHH with forum pricing:

You currently have 5 item(s) in your cart
Subtotal
$783.61
Shipping
$29.64
Total
$813.25
Add the rear seat:
You currently have 8 item(s) in your cart
Subtotal
$1,170.50
Shipping
$64.55
Total
$1,235.05

Last edited:

Subtotal
$783.61
Shipping
$29.64
Total
$813.25
Add the rear seat:
Subtotal
$1,170.50
Shipping
$64.55
Total
$1,235.05

Thanks for quoting this! Now we need to figure out if the EXL seat covers fit the Si seats.. I would also be interested in the heated seat elements and OEM switch.. Might as well do this if you're pulling your seat covers off.

Subtotal
$783.61
Shipping
$29.64
Total
$813.25
Add the rear seat:
Subtotal
$1,170.50
Shipping
$64.55
Total
$1,235.05
How do you get forum pricing from CHH? Is there a thread on this?

I got the option to have the injector holes machined to accept the stock injectors. As far as what I paid, I don't remember. Prices are on PRL's website though.

Any updates on the latest dyno? :wavey:

Nope, just been enjoying it as it is. It's been a blast to drive and because I switch back and forth between my Buell and this, it keeps me from getting bored with it so much that I spend thousands of dollars I probably shouldn't spend on it. I actually have a giant dent in the rocker panel right now. The insurance claim has already been filed, I just have to find the time to take it to get the estimate. It's an eye sore more than anything. The next round of mods for this car will be the kplayground CF grill and 245/40-17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires.

I still have plans to do the leather interior swap and several other things, but I can't let myself spend so much money on this car for a while. I have other obligations that are much more important. There is definitely more in store for this car, it's just not going to happen quite as fast as I wanted it to.

Your car does look good the way it is. What made you decide to get the leather interior? The CF Grill will look nice, especially with your car's color. You're putting the 245 SS Tires on the Weds?

That sucks to hear about your rocker panel. :(

Ya they're going on the Weds. They should fit perfectly square and provide protection from curbs for the wheels. I want to have the curb rash repaired and have them powder coated probably bronze, but I have to price it out first. I'd really like to polish the wheels, but I'm not sure how much work or money that'd be. We'll see.

I'm actually not exactly sure what happened. In a few weeks, it'll be like it never happened.

Okay, I just tallied up how much it'd be to do the interior swap, how much it'd be for a turbo kit, and how much a front BBK would be (there aren't any OTS rear BBKs for our cars yet). Interior ~$3500; turbo ~$5500 (PRL w/Precision 5858 journal, CC Stage 4 & lightweight flywheel. FR with EFR would be over $6k); BBK ~$3500. So, I'm torn on what to do next. I'm thinking this year's round of mods will be interior, powder coating the wheels, and new tires, that way I have some more time on my factory warranty. Then, next year I'll do the turbo, then brakes the year after. I'm really liking the Stoptech 328x28mm 4-piston trophy anodized kit. I'm assuming that they'll have a front and rear kit for the 9th gen Si by the year after next.

Reactions: Nix
That's a pretty awesome list to have to choose from!

If you're thinking about upgrading the brakes I know jrotax101 has some experience with different calipers. Might be worth getting his input.

He's much more serious about racing than I. If I was going to seriously track this car I wouldn't have gone with D2 coilovers. I just don't want brake fade when I'm slowing down from 140 on the highway, hypothetically speaking of course. I had a turbo EJ1 years ago when I was 18-19 and invincible. I used to race any idiot that'd try me on the highway and the stock brakes were super scary after braking hard one or two times. I think the Stoptech kit should do fine. Honestly, stainless lines, good fluid, and Hawk pads would do, but I want a BBK for aesthetics as much as I want it for its function.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nix
I hear ya there. The BBK's just look awesome. I just know he posted about a couple wilwood calipers where the price was not that different but one caliper was junk and the other a much better design.

Back