JAYBLS' 2012 CBP Si Sedan

I figured out what my DRL warning light was all about. The high beam splitter from TRS on the passenger side has a corroded pin. I took it off, and voila, no more DRL warning. That may even be the problem I was experiencing with the ijdmtoy LED DRL kit. I'll have to hook it all back up and try again once I get the high beam splitter issue dealt with. I'll probably do that tomorrow, along with cleaning the **** out of the car (it's super dirty right now).

This was a lot harder than I thought it'd be.

F9E3DB1C-814E-4A32-A0A3-709CD97E22B6-2867-0000022412A13DE5.jpg

FD1A7F3C-B5F2-412B-8F48-6E226C8A1184-2867-0000022436490343.jpg

Short shifter and base bushings installed. Still no refund for the base bushings. I did get the t shirt and all that, though.

Dude, this short shifter has made me fall in love with driving this car all over again. It feels like a Honda before they were cable shifters. I might even keep the car. I know...I change my mind a lot.

Dude, this short shifter has made me fall in love with driving this car all over again. It feels like a Honda before they were cable shifters. I might even keep the car. I know...I change my mind a lot.
:woot:

This is Jay P, I emailed you from your Craigslist ad... You never responded to me so i'm assuming you've decided to keep the car? :P

I actually ended up trading in my '11 Si for a '13 Si Sedan Navi last week.

Don't give up on the car, still haven't seen another Si sedan in Jax/St. Augustine yet.

Those headlights are pretty cheesey, I think. My retrofit is probably the best thing that exists for this car right now. The OEM projectors are low beam only and super expensive. Yes, I did this retrofit myself.

Also, been dying to find someone local to do some retrofits.. Doesn't mean you'll help out, but doesn't mean I won't ask either.

Also, been dying to find someone local to do some retrofits.. Doesn't mean you'll help out, but doesn't mean I won't ask either.
I'd be more than happy to help you with your retrofit. Buy the parts and shoot me a message on here and I'll give you my number. I'm sorry I didn't respond to your email. I thought I responded to all the emails I got. If you get the Mini H1s, we can do the retrofit in a couple hours. Just let me know when you're ready.

Ooooh you're the one that wanted the wheels and/or FlashPro. Ya, I didn't really want to sell the wheels, or any parts, by themselves. But I don't know. The stock wheels keep growing on me, so I might sell the Weds. You've certainly got first dibs on them if I do.

Ooooh you're the one that wanted the wheels and/or FlashPro. Ya, I didn't really want to sell the wheels, or any parts, by themselves. But I don't know. The stock wheels keep growing on me, so I might sell the Weds. You've certainly got first dibs on them if I do.

Thanks dude, I still like the Weds and would consider them :P and thank for the offer on help for retrofits.. I'll e-mail you again about the parts for the retro.

I'm trying to decide between doing a '13 EX-L black leather interior swap or doing some all red Recaros of some sort and leaving the rest of the interior stock. I don't know if I can justify doing the black leather Recaros AND EX-L interior swap. I actually sat in some Sportsters and I was not impressed with the comfort. Even the Speeds I had in the EJ1 were more comfortable than the Sportsters. So far, the Sports and their OEM variants (DC5-R, Evo VIII & IX, etc.) are the most comfortable seats I've sat in, and they come in all red suede/jersey. Or, there's always the cheaper DC5-R option. Decisions, decisions.

I'm trying to decide between doing a '13 EX-L black leather interior swap or doing some all red Recaros of some sort and leaving the rest of the interior stock. I don't know if I can justify doing the black leather Recaros AND EX-L interior swap. I actually sat in some Sportsters and I was not impressed with the comfort. Even the Speeds I had in the EJ1 were more comfortable than the Sportsters. So far, the Sports and their OEM variants (DC5-R, Evo VIII & IX, etc.) are the most comfortable seats I've sat in, and they come in all red suede/jersey. Or, there's always the cheaper DC5-R option. Decisions, decisions.

I've thought about doing the same exact thing.. Loving the EX-L black leather seats but I'm not sure I would be happy ditching the stock bolstered seats over the flatter EX-Ls.. I'm a OEM freak and some people might just say leather wrap the stock Si seats but I wouldn't be very satisfied because it's not OEM.. I'm a weirdo like that. Aside from that it looks like i'll be doing the Hybrid mirror with heated elements swap soon enough and looking into the auto climate control from a EX-L.. Hoping the cabin temp sensor harnesses are dangling and usable in the Si interior.

Last edited:
I've thought about doing the same exact thing.. Loving the EX-L black leather seats but I'm not sure I would be happy ditching the stock bolstered seats over the flatter EX-Ls.. I'm a OEM freak and some people might just say leather wrap the stock Si seats but I wouldn't be very satisfied because it's not OEM.. I'm a weirdo like that. Aside from that it looks like i'll be doing the Hybrid mirror with heated elements swap soon enough and looking into the auto climate control from a EX-L.. Hoping the cabin temp sensor harnesses are dangling and usable in the Si interior.

I think the OEM EX-L seat covers will probably fit over our seats, but I could be wrong. I may go check out the differences in the seats today.

I think the OEM EX-L seat covers will probably fit over our seats, but I could be wrong. I may go check out the differences in the seats today.

Yeah in that picture you posted they do look very bolstered, I guess I assumed they were different.. I know that between my '09 EXL and '11 Si they were much different. Would be awesome if they kept them all the same, just different covers. I'd go meet up with you to check them out if I had time, leaving town tonight.

That picture is from a '13 EX-L coupe. The EX sedan seats are definitely different. I think the EX-L coupe seat covers would fit our seats. I'm really leaning toward doing the OEM '13 EX-l seat covers, door panels, and steering wheel. Probably will end up having to do some sort of custom shift boot to match it all.

Back