ultimate racing downpipe

Ughhh... OK I just blew $440:face-puke:. I'll let you guys know when it arrives. Damn CC's. This totals $800 for the exhaust and $440 for the DP, that's a $1,240 system, U.R. doesn't play! So the set up I will have is: U.R. 3" exhaust w/ the 2nd muffler option (instead of a resonator it's an additional muffler, so kinda like a single sided dual muffler if that makes sense) mated with a U.R. 3" DP w/ no cat option. Should sound loud BUT clean with the extra muffler on there. I will post pix of the install/ side by side and Videos w/ a drive by. SOOOOOOO excited! :wheee:

yes sir.. Although it looks to be tough. The D.P. is way up there and I don't have a lift so.. My biggest concern is disconnecting the 1st 02 sensor.. Any ideas? I'll be laying on my back under the car =/

Oh I also ordered the CorSport 02 defouler. another $35 bucks down the drain... =(

may be worth talking to UR about it. They may have pointers on doing it without a lift? I've not been under the 2012 to see how tight it is. Saying that, be careful when you're under the car and use jack stands. If you're willing to do a DIY for others, that'd be amazing as well.

good luck on the install! It's unfortunate that the parts are so pricey, but I think it has to do with the fact that they're based in Canada, thus dealing with taxes, shipping costs, etc. Does anyone have a video of the ultimate racing exhaust with a resonator or second muffler?

good luck on the install! It's unfortunate that the parts are so pricey, but I think it has to do with the fact that they're based in Canada, thus dealing with taxes, shipping costs, etc. Does anyone have a video of the ultimate racing exhaust with a resonator or second muffler?
Ill hook you guys up with a video of my exhaust before I install the DP and after. With the 2nd muffler it sounds MUCH cleaner w/ no raspy Honda sound. Just clean, deep notes. Best exhaust option IMO. BUT it's a $185 dollar upgrade...

Hmm, I wonder if the resonator does the same effect. I know the muffler will affect flow more so than a resonator, hence my inclination to have a resonator vs a muffler

The muffler has a 3" pipe straight through it. Zero restriction. Just super thick padded walls. It's like a large resonater.

I think your thinking of factory exhaust where the sound is stopped at the muffler and vented into another pipe. That's restrictive. But most if not all after market exhausts are just straight through pipe design with thick padded walls. That's it. That's why when you buy a cat back, it's louder simply because the muffler at the end is an open system.(I.e. apex worldsport vs. Skunk 2).

I think your thinking of factory exhaust where the sound is stopped at the muffler and vented into another pipe. That's restrictive. But most if not all after market exhausts are just straight through pipe design with thick padded walls. That's it. That's why when you buy a cat back, it's louder simply because the muffler at the end is an open system.(I.e. apex worldsport vs. Skunk 2).

good to know. I know magnaflow, flowmaster and some other have chambered mufflers, so not all of them are straight through. Can't wait to hear how this thing sounds with some extra resonance...I didn't particularly like the exhaust video from UR...wouldn't suite an ilx.

good to know. I know magnaflow, flowmaster and some other have chambered mufflers, so not all of them are straight through. Can't wait to hear how this thing sounds with some extra resonance...I didn't particularly like the exhaust video from UR...wouldn't suite an ilx.
Yea that one had a straight pipe for the mid section. Too raspy for me..

Back