323's Build

Pretty cool looking. How does it look just with the drls on?

If given, Id rock the headlights. I dont really like the output of the projectors but its definitely better than OEM output. Having mixed feelings on the CCFL or LED line. I do like however how they black housing and the lights are setup. Overall, I say it is worth the upgrade. Good job!

If given, Id rock the headlights. I dont really like the output of the projectors but its definitely better than OEM output. Having mixed feelings on the CCFL or LED line. I do like however how they black housing and the lights are setup. Overall, I say it is worth the upgrade. Good job!
I agree about the output but remember that they're not HIDs, yet

Really do like those headlights, I think I'm going to put them in the 13 si in about a year.

Last edited:
ethlar i know you know a ton about lighting, so i wanted to ask you, what would i need to turn my lights into HIDs now that they're halogen bulbs?

Nice pics! As I have the same car as you its taken the guess work out - the I wonder how it'll look on my car factor. How's the fit and finish? I think I need these... :D
It's perfect, they slipped right in

ethlar i know you know a ton about lighting, so i wanted to ask you, what would i need to turn my lights into HIDs now that they're halogen bulbs?

you would want to get a plug n play hid kit with h1 bulbs for the low beams and a relay harness for a 9006 setup so it plugs into your car's electrical system

unless you wanted to swap the halogen projectors for HID ones, that would be a far more involved process

Last edited:
you would want to get a plug n play hid kit with h1 bulbs for the low beams and a relay harness for a 9006 setup so it plugs into your car's electrical system

unless you wanted to swap the halogen projectors for HID ones, that would be a far more involved process
Pretend you were explaining it to a 3-year-old lol
And I thought I already had H1 bulbs?

You have halogen h1 bulbs now, HIDs use bulbs that have a arc chamber instead of the filament found in halogen bulbs. The ballasts regulate the spark in the arc chamber to make even flicker free light. To initiate that spark the ballast has to draw a large amount of power which can cause fuses to pop and wiring to catch fire if you try to run it on some car's stock wiring, you can avoid this by using a relay harness that lets the ballast pull power straight from the battery but still be controlled through the stock wiring.

they make h1 halogen bulbs, and they make h1 hid bulbs.

Reactions: 323
Back