DIY Clutch Delay valve Removal

So today I removed the intake and battery tray (Ricspec'd), replaced the soft clutch line and the hard line at the slave cylinder, which also deleted the clutch to transmission bracket, and replaced it with PRL's stainless steel clutch line for it's battery relocate kit (which they sell separately). I also removed the slave cylinder and performed the CDV delete. Buttoned it up, had a neighbor help me bleed it, and it is Awesome! Great DIY here and the clutch line DIY helped too. Thanks Mikex18 and trustdestruction.

View attachment 26979
Man I like that setup... How it deleted that crappy flimsy bracket and goes straight to the cylinder

Man I like that setup... How it deleted that crappy flimsy bracket and goes straight to the cylinder
After having had the better part of a week with it, these two small mods account for a huge driver's reward. The clutch responds the way I recall others I've owned over the years (the last clutch was in a 1991 5.0 Mustang convertible that I bought in 1993, and sold my 1992 Integra to get haha! wife was puzzled by that move).

Last edited:
Excellent!

Now to find a stainless steel line.
I bought the one from P2R, it seems really good.
I especially like that they coated the stainless with a layer of thick rubber, I'm guessing to keep the elements out.

Just did this today. I never had any problems powershifting at all, i was hoping it would make the clutch a little more stiff. I dont feel that its that much more stiff but good diy.

I looked at the delay valve and contemplated doing this todya while under the car working on installing my RBC...maybe next weekend.

I'll do this when I get SS lines and MTEC Springs.

Was time for my 12000 km oil change and I decided to do this mod at the same time... wow. No more gear grinding at all. The tech that helped me bleed the clutch said he could tell immediately that it felt different from other Si's. The car is better for it and my driving experience has improved for sure. Before the mod I was changing gears faster than the clutch would engage and was experiencing grinding in 2nd and 3rd - glad I performed the mod as early as I did...thinkin' I may change the MTF now after all that grindin'

I got rid of mine today with the help of @Flippercon and his tools , and after driving it for a little while I can already tell that it is so much nicer. It probably is the best free mod you can do.

Also, protip: do not try to put everything back together in the dark. lol.
No problem buddy, If I wasn't messing with my suspension you could of been done a whole lot faster. I am going to try to arrange a 757 9th cruise so we can get some sick rollers and pics. I will let you know about it.

You just need a decent camera with a good amount of megapixels.

Back