Stretch Tire Fittings

ok and another question, do you think if i switched to 17x8 rims i would be fine as far as the rubbing goes?

All depends on the offset of the wheel. 20 is a low offset for your wheel. You could be fine with like 2 degrees of camber. Some have similar drops/wheel setups as you with a few degrees of camber without problem according to the chart. If you don't want to go that route,...why not look at rolling the fenders? Some pepboys/advanced auto/autozone shops will rent the tool for a $50 deposit.

ok i tried to roll my fenders the other day with a bat, but wasnt able to get it all the way flush. so will go see if i can rent a roller somewhere. are there any builds that have pictures of 2 degree camber on here??

@Vtec4LiFe - Use a heat gun also to gently heat the metal and the paint. It will not only get more pliable and easier to fold the metal but you will have less chance of cracking the paint. Don't overheat it cause you can burn the paint but get it to the point that it kinda hurts to touch and keep the gun moving! Don't just blow it on one spot.

@Vtec4LiFe - Use a heat gun also to gently heat the metal and the paint. It will not only get more pliable and easier to fold the metal but you will have less chance of cracking the paint. Don't overheat it cause you can burn the paint but get it to the point that it kinda hurts to touch and keep the gun moving! Don't just blow it on one spot.
Did you use a fender roller??

Yes. Heat gun/fender roller. Rolled the fronts and shaved the rears. Sometimes if it is a double panel trying to roll the rears will results in waves or a strange crease.

Anyone able to roll the fronts without removing the fender liners? Only reason why I want to roll the fronts is so I can run a more meatier tire setup, many thanks in advance for the input.

Anyone able to roll the fronts without removing the fender liners? Only reason why I want to roll the fronts is so I can run a more meatier tire setup, many thanks in advance for the input.
they mount to the wheel studs unless you're talking about using a bat or something to bend the metal back

q1tcP3u.jpg

no, he's talking the inner fender liner...

i would suggest you take it out to get a nicer, cleaner roll. otherwise, it may be un-even and look like **** lol

You can certainly put them back in when you are done. Tuck the liner behind the lip of the fender and it should stay. You don't necessarily have to remove the whole thing either. Just disconnect it and bend it back behind the tool you are using so it doesn't interfere with the section you are trying to roll.

give me a second ill post up pics of stock 215's on an 8 inch wide wheel maybe one of the mods can edit the first post

Probably.. I wouldn't call it very mild but it varies some 215's fit wide as I've seen but stock for sure is mild

Back