Jeffuhnator's Fb2 Build Thread (It Was Fun While It Lasted...)

Jeffuhnator

Hayward
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic LX
Body Style
Sedan
[Introduction Thread]: http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/hi.9510/

Hey everyone, so here's my build thread. Nothing big, but for those who haven't read my introduction, this will be a slow build as I am in college and working as well. I'll work up my way up to the big mods, but for now, I'll be doing the subtle little mods on my to-do-list and knock them out of the way.

So far I've only put on 30% tint all around (3M FX Premium) except for the windshield (no strip) and added visors a few days after since I had to let the tint film adhere and dry. Oh and a license plate frame which you can see in my intro thread. :tongue:

20131125_094433_zps32f5d9ff.jpg

20131125_094443_zps9ba07ae7.jpg

Here's an extra shot of the first week I had the car and when someone decided to park next to me almost every time I went to class lol.
20131119_152618_zps2ab2dd42.jpg

Update: 2/4/14

Changed Map, Dome and Trunk/Cargo Lights to led.
PhotoGrid_1391584245251_zpsa2f5ca71.jpg

Map and dome lights from ijdmtoy: http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Honda-Civic-Direct-Fit-LED-Interior-Lights-Package-p/civic-df30.htm
Trunk/Cargo Light from exLED: http://www.exledusa.com/exled-acura-honda-custom-trunk-light.html
00012_Acura_Honda_trunk_T_zps0715860e.jpg

I then wired the dome lights to my map lights in order to make my map lights turn on when I open my door. Result?:
Top: Dome light only /// Bottom: Map and dome light. I know I should take a video for proof. Haha.
PhotoGrid_1391584402025_zps7b946895.jpg

Now I can say my interior lighting is complete to my preference. :dance:

Edit for proof:

I put in some ebay 7W cree led reverse lights as well. Along with ijdmtoy led license plate lights.
PhotoGrid_1389752386514_zpsaee2e069.jpg

ebay 7W cree led reverse lights:http://www.ebay.com/itm/250976187067?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
ijdmtoy led license plate lights: http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Acura-TL-TSX-Hodna-Civic-LED-License-Plate-Lights-p/led-s17.htm

I also added my first "bolt on"... And I must say. Me gusta, but only when I hit vtec/4k rpm.
As you can see... I lost one of the bolts on the bottom picture lol :pat:. It fell through the engine and underneath the car's mudguard for the engine and probably flew off while I drove since I gave up trying to let it fall out my going back and forth into drive and reverse on the driveway.
PhotoGrid_1386449441495_zpsaa7e3b4b.jpg

Putting in new headlights!
PhotoGrid_1391566194246_zps0092c0f6.jpg

No pictures yet, but here's my setup and review containing my video and writeup.
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/my-oem-projector-headlights-ebay-replicas-set-up-and-review.10196/

edit: pictures!

PhotoGrid_1391573127577_zps5daa1656.jpg

Last edited:
Reserved
EDIT: I thought it would be cool to keep everything all updated in the 1st post, but I'm starting to think it's going get more silly the more I update it. Regular update posts are now gonna happen :wigglesmiley:

Last edited:
retrofit hid headlights?
Close enough haha. I put oem projector headlight replicas off ebay. Not as good as the ones team3d sells as a group buy on the other site (which I think are genuine?), but I'm happy with them. I have not adjusted them to align the height yet, but the height seems good already, I think it just needs to be lowered a bit. I say not as good, because I saw comparisons off the ebay ones I have vs team3d. The cutoff is all squiggly when I went up a drive way and saw the cutoff on the garage door. I hear it may be the headlight itself or because I put hids in projectors meant for halogens. I'm not sure, all I can do is adjust them and maybe align the passenger and driver's side beam with each other. I'll be posting pictures soon and a couple of videos.

i like your lx already! thats a classy colour.

what future plans do you have for mods?
Thank you! I would consider Crimson Pearl to be a classy color. I recently seen one and it's sexy, it looks whine red.

Future plans? I'm doing everything to my car that I like on other cars on this forum and of course, my own little touches. Nothing big, but I'm doing things in sections. Up next? Fog lights with PIAA 2500K Bulbs. I can't decide my next mod until I see the outcome of adding fogs. I need some visuals to inspire me to see what needs to be done next.

Thank you! I would consider Crimson Pearl to be a classy color. I recently seen one and it's sexy, it looks whine red.

Future plans? I'm doing everything to my car that I like on other cars on this forum and of course, my own little touches. Nothing big, but I'm doing things in sections. Up next? Fog lights with PIAA 2500K Bulbs. I can't decide my next mod until I see the outcome of adding fogs. I need some visuals to inspire me to see what needs to be done next.
I wanna put fogs on my LX too, any idea where the cheapest place to get them is? I'm assuming not from the dealer, my roomate is the parts guy at my honda dealer and even getting the fogs at cost is a ridiculous price. 400$ or something, cant remember. I remember thinking it was ridiculous though

I wanna put fogs on my LX too, any idea where the cheapest place to get them is? I'm assuming not from the dealer, my roomate is the parts guy at my honda dealer and even getting the fogs at cost is a ridiculous price. 400$ or something, cant remember. I remember thinking it was ridiculous though
College Hills Honda seems to be the best bet for me:
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08V31-TR0-100D.html
Along with this trim tool just to be on the safe side (Recommended in the pdf foglight installation guide) :
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/SILTRIMTL10.html

I'll be installing these myself with a friend or two.

It's been a while since I updated, I took off my front plate and filled in the hole with some sealant and touch up paint, it'll do for now. I'm not really digging it, but I might put the front plate again. i don't know what i should do next...

It's been a while since I updated, I took off my front plate and filled in the hole with some sealant and touch up paint, it'll do for now. I'm not really digging it, but I might put the front plate again. i don't know what i should do next...

Why arent you feelin it? It looks pretty good to me

Added a chargespeed sti lip as well.

and photo shoot with my girl's car who just got it today too.

i dont know if you can notice i debadged the civic emblem on my trunk

Lookin good. Nice incremental changes. I like it. Wheels at some point?

Lookin good. Nice incremental changes. I like it. Wheels at some point?
Thanks! wheels will probably be the very last thing i do. It gives me more time to think about what set i want at the same time too

Lowered my car on Megan EZ Streets yo! Now my car is able to properly sniff the fresh booty on my girl's new car haha.
Running into problems with the rear, someone help me! :sadbanana:

Here's the info, maxed out the rear spring perch. So both blue rings are spun all the way up. The shock is also maxed out. The result is what you see in the picture above. I'm running SPC camber arms. (thanks @Dar-Dar). I also want to note that I transferred the rubber bowl thingy thing from my stock rear struts to the megan rear struts... except i installed both of them backward, so instead of them facing upward like a bowl (in the picture below)... they are facing backward like an umbrella.
This is all the info i can provide. if the rubber thingy things are NOT the problem, should i still correct it, will i run into future problems?

ScreenShot2014-08-09at122443AM_zps5736ffd7.png

I've read and searched near and far on google what the clunking/knocking noise may be (specifically for our 9th gen and specifically on megan ez streets, though it seems to be common with a lot of coilovers)
There are multiple threads but I come to a dead end because the other people who've had my problem never updated to tell what it was or even how to fix it.

I think @323 has the same Megans. Any info or problems 323? Maybe install help or changing the rubber bits.

I suspect the clunk is coil bind. The coils are compressed so hard/far that each turn of the spring is contacting the next one. I would correct the direction of the rubber isolators just so you know that is not the problem. Eliminate the easiest possibility first.

The other thing you could try, which I know you won't like, but just as a test, is to raise the car a bit and see if the clunk and knock sounds are reduced. If they are less often and less noticeable then it's probably coil bind.

Two options to try if its coil bind:

1) Raise it a bit. (if that helps)
2) Get a set of spring coil silencers (rubber bits that help quiet them down.)

http://www.tein.com/products/silencer_rubber.html

9649.jpg

Well I have the Megan street series, which are a little different.
Also I used the plastic rings they came with, not the rubber ones.
Being that low, I would raise the back of the car and check to see if the lower control arms are clanking against the exhaust or sway bar. Mine were.

Back