Sunofwolf Stock Tuning with Hondata!

ImageUploadedByAG Free1426983271.573450.jpg

The right is our oem downpipe with the 2 cats. It would be much cheaper to bolt on a 3" catted downpipe. That top manifold peace is heavy I wouldn't doubt it is 30 LBS.

Your right just put on a catted down pipe that stock stuff is hideous looking, how could anyone even make such a shitty part:rotfl: I would bet just replacing this with a catted down pipe might be worth like 30HP, I might even throw a turbo on or a supercharger, don't know if that will ever happen, but I want to keep it in mind.:shadyhat: I assume that the 2011 si civic just had one cat. They check for cat but maybe not the second one I hope! You would have to know that however.:pat:

I am sure I can find someone to pass it, I get it inspected then change exhaust. :giggle: How are you going to read the stamp upside down:lildevil:

Last edited:
https://www.maine.gov/dep/air/mobile/catconverter.html

Looks like ME follows the CARB law. I don't know who inspects your car but do the physically look for the stamp on the cat because it is impossible to see it with the eye?

This is pretty much what has me on the fence about doing any intake or exhaust mods. I'm just not keen on doing a bunch of work and then failing inspection. :(

My srt-4 has a high flow cat on it, Yes CA-you do anything to your car including driving it, the democraps will hang you!:lildevil: My srt-4 cat has been sitting on the oily Bench for years-I do have a cat delete too, but its too much trouble to take it on and off and the High flow cat helps with noise and stinky stuff. I vot for trump the only person who hates CA more then I do:badger: I keep my srt-4 just to piss off democrats. I make civic uncivilized LOL! Where's the super charger?

Last edited:
This is pretty much what has me on the fence about doing any intake or exhaust mods. I'm just not keen on doing a bunch of work and then failing inspection. :(
That sucks for you guy's. You could always swap back the factory stuff but year after year I could only imagine the pain it would be.

The price of th2 supercharger for the 9th civic has gone up a bit since CT closed. You will be in the price range of a PRL or Full-Race kit.

How do I get Rob Rainer phone number? I spoke to Derrick Robinson on phone and emailed him so I could figure out how to use this hondata device. So I took the first step- Derrick said to tune after a few mods, but I would like to see a stock tune so I know how to use it on some real mods. Looks like exhaust is the best place to start. After seeing what garbage they put on the Honda si , Why two cats that doesn't make much sense too me. I don't live in Ca and have been running a High flow cat on the SRT-4 and it pass's the inspection here, they don't look for carb cats-just one High Flow cat will pass here.

what a waste of dough four cats- add that to price of car.

I think this Hondata is defective the usb light is red not green.- Hondata has a upgrade for a $100 is this right called the s300 v3 that fixes the problem but I have to send it to them, I guess My Hondata is quite old? I guess, I got beat a bit bought it used here. The green power light is on ,but the usb light is red.
I maybe wrong here the data yellow light is blinking and the everything is green on the Hondata flashpro chart except for there being no security locking or password. But why is there a red light on the usb? Oh dumb me the red light is suppose to be on- oh I am going to have fun with this silly device:banghead:

Last edited:
What red light are you talking about? When you connect it to the laptop with FlashPro manager open you will see in the bottom left corner a check next to FlashPro. The red light on the FlashPro is ok. You will need your VIN to connect it to your car.

I contacted Rob Rainer through Facebook messages he does tuning from home like VitViper.

Well I forgot the red light means its working and connect to usb, red lights to me all ways means stop and check.
I have a working Hondata- sending these back is very expensive, I would have no way to tune anything if it didn't work.
I have to save my old Ecu :bananawhipdance::chopwood:program, how do I do that? This isn't like you get this stuff and it just works.

It has a return to factory setting. As you tune I would make a folder on you desktop 1 for calibrations another for datalog this way it will not clutter your desktop. Keep all email of the final tune keep on a hard drive or where ever to have a backup file.

I have a 93 tune that was good on the srt-4 but the device is so old it doesn't work any more.

Last edited:
Is it true the stock air filter flows 3" that make's it just about perfect maybe a K+N drop in is all the extra flow of air you need up to a 3" exhaust pipes??????????? To me it like Honda did a real screw up with pipes on the Honda 2012-2013 SI. You only need to fix the exhaust to get some good power out of K24 and tune it.:coffee:

I believe the factory intake pipe is 3". Honda did well on the intake but really needs to be opened up to 3.5'. If you decide to go drop in filter be careful with oil socked filterf it can cause you to constantly clean your MAF sensor.

Back