Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

Never knew they made them in 4-door. I've only saw the 2-door version. Not that I would want either.

Is it weird only some gear synchros are carbon? Is that normal? I’ve never looked at other companies selling upgraded trans

Usually only 2-4 I have no clue why. I always thought because those are the gears you’ll be doing most your driving. I’ve been emailing him back and forth. I’m gonna go to the tranny shop today and try and get a quote for a worse case scenario rebuild. But I want to have a transmission rebuilt or bought by next week.

i feel like depending on how much damage you can rebuild yours for way less using the same upgraded syncros. how much for the core?

also 2-4 most likely for racing as those are the most used.

I’m not sure how much. I’m pretty sure I can get it rebuilt for way less in town. But part of me is like if I’m gonna do all that work why not put something in that I want. I’ve always had shifting problems and 2nd is just getting worse.

If you plan on keeping it might as well upgrade it while you are spending the money :thumbsup:

But theirs is listed as odd and even gears being oem and carbon

I’m not sure how much. I’m pretty sure I can get it rebuilt for way less in town. But part of me is like if I’m gonna do all that work why not put something in that I want. I’ve always had shifting problems and 2nd is just getting worse.

my first search results for the same synchros shows they're about $300 for 1-6. id just order those and have them put in your rebuilt trans. im assuming your're taking it out yourself? cant imagine getting it rebuilt will be anywhere near what that replacement is.

https://4130-fabrication.myshopify....-series-carbon-synchro-set-1-6-civic-si-06-11

my first search results for the same synchros shows they're about $300 for 1-6. id just order those and have them put in your rebuilt trans. im assuming your're taking it out yourself? cant imagine getting it rebuilt will be anywhere near what that replacement is.

https://4130-fabrication.myshopify....-series-carbon-synchro-set-1-6-civic-si-06-11
AND you'd get all 6. But I guess that's all dependent on the word from the shop. Hopefully it's not too far gone for you to just replace the synchros.

i wonder how much it would cost to replace pretty much everything in the trans if it were toast compared to that replacement though.

That’s what I’m wondering. I can put it into all gears. Some pop out. I don’t even wanna run it or roll it anymore. When I roll it you can hear the crunch. It’s bad. Maybe I’ll start a thread on it. I’m pulling it for sure next weekend.

That’s what I’m wondering. I can put it into all gears. Some pop out. I don’t even wanna run it or roll it anymore. When I roll it you can hear the crunch. It’s bad. Maybe I’ll start a thread on it. I’m pulling it for sure next weekend.

Definitely start a thread.

Back