Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

five bucket wash method? i know the 2 bucket and the 3 bucket methods, whats the 5?

HAHAHA! I realize without context this makes no sense. My hose is on my patio which is like 200 - 300 ft. from the shady spot in the parking lot. Initially went out with 2 buckets of fresh water and 1 bucket of soapy water. Ended up needing more water to rinse, so I grabbed 2 more buckets of clean water.

3 bucket method?

Y-yeah... uhh

tenor.gif

I .. uh

...use one bucket

3 bucket method?

Y-yeah... uhh

tenor.gif

I .. uh

...use one bucket

Use at least 2. One for soap, one to rinse the cloth before going back to the soap with a dirty mit. You'll significantly reduce the likelihood that you'll scratch the paint with dirt you picked up.

I usually use the wash bucket for the wheels after I'm done with the car. But that's mostly cause I've gotta carry the water. LOLOL

I do my wheels first with some kind of wheel cleaner and then last with a wash cloth and shammy.

Last edited:
But I don’t really care bout my wheels to much they are getting pretty scratched up with the miles.

I made a ten minute drive to Lowe’s and back home into 30 mins....glad there weren’t cops around, lol

truly impressed. Excellent work!
Thanks Webby! Hopefully someone else will try this, maybe Pauly can do it blue like everything else. lol I thought about maybe doing more lights in the car red, but thinking that might be a bit too much if I did.
damn, surface mount soldering was never something i was up for doing, looks good!
Took a while, but I really wanted to see this through. These were extras from another wheel so I thought what is the worst that can happen. It will work or it won't.
That looks awesome. I feel like that should have been done from the factory after seeing that. Especially on the Si. That would have matched the rest of the red accenting so well. I love unique mods like this. Great job.
Thanks man! I thought the SI's were done in red? Of course I just assumed, but it makes sense it would. I did this thinking that it would now look like the SI's steering wheel. Never seen a SI interior.

I like it. Simple yet effective. I really like the steering wheel accent lighting.
Thanks man and I would say give it a shot. Its not too bad and if you do not feel comfortable you can go to one of those cell phone repair shops where they solder and ask them if they are willing and it might be a small fee. Just be aware of the led orientation and test it if possible. You can put 3 volts to it and the LED will light up, but I don't recall if it does it anyway or if that's how it will read when all hooked up.

Back