DIY 2012 Civic Sliding Armrest

Thanks for the update. What did the new rear panel cost? The first two parts were just under $50 each here in Canada.

Was the rubbing that noticeable, or could someone live with it for awhile? In the video he says its very slight. I just wanted to confirm. I'm picking the two original parts up tomorrow night.

I could totally run a tapeline and run my high speed sander along it, finish up with a block and finer paper to make it work if that's the only difference. Did you happen to measure the height of the panels?

I didn't measure it, sorry. The dimensions appear to have changed slightly along all of the edges at the very top of the panel.

Ok. I picked up my parts tonight. I ordered part numbers 83460-TR0-G01ZB (hinge assembly) and 83450-TR7-C02ZA (top coat).

My question is that the top coat appears to have the hinge assembly already on it. I may be missing something so maybe you have a look at these two pictures and let me know what you think.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1359596050.446126.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1359596072.494986.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok. I picked up my parts tonight. I ordered part numbers 83460-TR0-G01ZB (hinge assembly) and 83450-TR7-C02ZA (top coat).

My question is that the top coat appears to have the hinge assembly already on it. I may be missing something so maybe you have a look at these two pictures and let me know what you think.
Mine came with an extra mounting bracket. If yours came with an extra hinge assembly, then you obviously only need one.

Step 4:
Remove the excess mounting bracket from your new Top Coat Assembly.
To do so, remove all five screws (green arrows), then use your dash removal trim tool to push inward a mounting clip (blue arrows), as indentified in the photos below. The clips are in-between the fabric and the bracket. You only need to push one in, then the entire bracket will come loose.

Note: Honda included two mounting brackets with the Si; one attached to the Top Coat Assembly and one attached to the Hinge Assembly. You only need one bracket.
I do not know if Honda included it by accident or not, so I'm going to assume that this is standard operating procedure.

Last edited:
That's what I thought. I just wanted to make sure the hinge assembly on its own wasn't different than the one on the top coat.

So I guess this cuts the price of this mod in half......if the dealer takes the hinge assembly back.

That's what I thought. I just wanted to make sure the hinge assembly on its own wasn't different than the one on the top coat.

So I guess this cuts the price of this mod in half......if the dealer takes the hinge assembly back.
I have no idea why they gave you a second hinge assembly. The part numbers don't overlap parts. But then again, I have no idea why Honda gave me two mounting brackets.
No wonder the parts are backordered...they're giving extras away for free :scratches:

Last edited:
I have no idea why they gave you a second hinge assembly. The part numbers don't overlap parts. But then again, I have no idea why Honda gave me two mounting brackets.
No wonder the parts are backordered...they're giving extras away for free :scratches:

I know. It makes it hard for people to order when you have no idea what's going to be in the box. I would maybe suggest only ordering the top coat and see what's in the box before ordering the hinge assembly. It might save the hassle of returning it.

I know. It makes it hard for people to order when you have no idea what's going to be in the box. I would maybe suggest only ordering the top coat and see what's in the box before ordering the hinge assembly. It might save the hassle of returning it.
Well you weren't supposed to receive two. The part numbers don't include two, so buying only one part will only serve to disappoint someone when Honda finally wises up.
You can try returning the extra part, but I don't know if you're going to get a refund since you received the parts your ordered. Just best to sell it here I suppose.

Well you weren't supposed to receive two. The part numbers don't include two, so buying only one part will only serve to disappoint someone when Honda finally wises up.
You can try returning the extra part, but I don't know if you're going to get a refund since you received the parts your ordered. Just best to sell it here I suppose.

My receipt says they take returns for up to 20 days so I'll give it a shot.

It would be interesting to see what's in the box for anyone else who orders. Kind of like a surprise box from Honda.

1-30-2013 9-31-47 PM.png

Part 31 is just the Top Coat.
Part 32 includes the hinge assembly and mounting bracket.
Part 29 is the rear console panel.

If you can get a refund, great...you'll save yourself some $30 or so. I can't return my mounting bracket since I didn't specifically order one.
But I definitely recommend everyone continue to order all three parts so that you aren't missing anything.

Last edited:
When I pick up the rear trim panel I'll try to return the hinge assembly. It's almost $50 here in Canada. I'll post what they say.

ok i was just wanting to make sure cause i thought that it seemed a little high
The first post lists the part numbers, and each part number is linked to College Hills Honda so that you can you see the price per part.

When I pick up the rear trim panel I'll try to return the hinge assembly. It's almost $50 here in Canada. I'll post what they say.

I'm just back from the dealer. They took back the hinge assembly. I also put the new trim piece on and the rub is gone. A great mod for what turned out to be $60 for me.

Back