DIY 2012 Civic Sliding Armrest

You mean you don't want to have a full set of replacement parts?
:hiding:
Seriously, though, I was just curious if there was a potential solution in case the color doesn't match or maybe some people may be willing to trim a piece down to avoid an additional expense.

I completed this replacement last night and felt a little bit of a rub. Thought that maybe something wasn't properly aligned and was going back in. Maybe I'll order the 2013 panel.

Looks like the panel is around $8-12. Might be worth it to just order it from your local dealership if you aren't already ordering other parts.

I just ordered the rear console panel from a 2013 Sedan Si. I'll install it and post pictures for everyone to see right here in this thread.
The color code for the 2013 Si is the same, so I'm hoping it will be a perfect color match and will resolve any rub issue. If so, I'll update this DIY to recommend purchasing it as well.

Part price from CHH was $6.

so maybe the color changes in the plastic only occurs on the non-si models

i just looked to order it from college hills.... 71$ only for the shipping!! f*ck this the total amount of the bill was 144$!!! i looked at work here and they are 48$ each..but they are back order so ill wait

i just looked to order it from college hills.... 71$ only for the shipping!! f*ck this the total amount of the bill was 144$!!! i looked at work here and they are 48$ each..but they are back order so ill wait
You live outside the US?

Yeah I paid about $48 each for mine. One part came in right away. The other should be in this week so it was about 3 weeks back ordered.

I installed the new 2013 rear console panel with ease and the rub is now completely gone.
The DIY has been updated with the part numbers for it.

Here is a picture showing the design difference. The new rear panel is at the bottom.
The color of the plastic panels for the Si match between both years 2012 and 2013.

004_G_003.sized.jpg

I installed the new 2013 rear console panel with ease and the rub is now completely gone.
The DIY has been updated with the part numbers for it.

Here is a picture showing the design difference. The new rear panel is at the bottom. As you can see,
The color of the plastic panels for the Si match between both years 2012 and 2013.

004_G_003.sized.jpg

Thanks for the update. What did the new rear panel cost? The first two parts were just under $50 each here in Canada.

Was the rubbing that noticeable, or could someone live with it for awhile? In the video he says its very slight. I just wanted to confirm. I'm picking the two original parts up tomorrow night.

Thanks for the update. What did the new rear panel cost? The first two parts were just under $50 each here in Canada.

Was the rubbing that noticeable, or could someone live with it for awhile? In the video he says its very slight. I just wanted to confirm. I'm picking the two original parts up tomorrow night.
The part was $7 retail...in the US anyway.
The rubbing is noticeable, but very slight. Because the rubbing is in the interior, it's not visible. But if you're OCD like me, it's unacceptable.

Back