DIY 2012 Civic Sliding Armrest

I got mine in today, it'll be installed Monday or Tuesday :thumb:

Are you putting it in yourself? If so let me know if you got two hinge assemblies. For whatever reason both boxes had one when I got mine. I didn't need the hinge assembly on its own. The top part came with the hinge assembly already installed. I'm thinking that was a mistake. Just curious as to what each box contained for you.

It's a very easy mod.

Are you putting it in yourself? If so let me know if you got two hinge assemblies. For whatever reason both boxes had one when I got mine. I didn't need the hinge assembly on its own. The top part came with the hinge assembly already installed. I'm thinking that was a mistake. Just curious as to what each box contained for you.

It's a very easy mod.

Yeah I'm installing it myself. I received what I ordered - one hinge assembly, one dressing, and one rear console garnish panel.

Yeah I'm installing it myself. I received what I ordered - one hinge assembly, one dressing, and one rear console garnish panel.

Great. Thanks. There were a couple cases of duplicate parts being in the different boxes. It looks like they got it sorted out.

ok please help fast im halfway into this but nobody is saying how to take off the fastner on the front o the 2012 arm rest. i have the 4 screws taken out of it, but i cant access the 2 screws underneath the fastner. does this need to come off for the fabric piece to come off? i jusat want to install my bride arm rest

OK>>>>> I just watched the vid, and if you go past the part about take everything apart and watch hoe to put it back together, you'll see what needs to be done, it looks like you're having a problem sliding the armrest of the mounting plate, .......... There's a bump stop that you need to wiggle it past for them to separate.

Start watching at #43 ...... it's going to come at you quickly, keep hitting it at 43 and you see the motion to get past a bump.

there are 2 screws under this that i cant get at. im not doing the sliding arm rest mod, im just replacing the fabric with a custom bride piece i had made.

null-35.jpg

null-36.jpg

The screws shouldn't be a concern. It looks like your next step would be to pop the cover off...

To do so, remove all five screws (green arrows),then use your dash removal trim tool to push inward a mounting clip (blue arrows), as indentified in the photos below. The clips are in-between the fabric and the bracket. You only need to push one in, then the entire bracket will come loose.

Back