2013 Civic "Premium Audio System" Navigation Stereo Upgrade

Twelch,
Approx how many ft of RCA cable did you need to reach the trunk? And did you run that through the driver side or glovebox passenger?
Did your 2ga power wire fit through the grommet in the fender? I am using 0 ga and I think I will need to buy a 0ga grommet from amazon.

I have 13ft of RCA cable.
13 ft should be plenty for the rca's, and for the grommet i just used some silicone sealer, everything is run in the driverside

Hi, twelch, I have a quick question for you: I'm also doing that install and need to splice in the RCA cables to the pre-amp sub wires. The problem is that for each cable, there is a + and minus. So there are 4 total wires for the RCA's, and then only two pre-amp sub wires. Do you remember where I am supposed to hook these up? Thanks!

Hi, twelch, I have a quick question for you: I'm also doing that install and need to splice in the RCA cables to the pre-amp sub wires. The problem is that for each cable, there is a + and minus. So there are 4 total wires for the RCA's, and then only two pre-amp sub wires. Do you remember where I am supposed to hook these up? Thanks!
Right, so what I did was get an rca adapter. One that goes from 2 male to 1 female rca plug. Make sure you get one where the wires meet within the cord, instead of one where the 2 rca wires meet at the female rca. I then cut the female end off, and spliced those two wires into the pre amp signals. Plug ur two male rca ends into the rockford bld input, Then run ur regular rca cables from the output to sub amp. This is the kind of adapter I got to get an idea of what I mean by having the wires meet in the middle and not at the female connector so you can splice them easier Screenshot_20170428-182756.png

I need help guys! I have read all 16 pages of this thread, I have a 2014 civic SI with premium audio w/o navigation, I have a Pioneer GM D-9605 Amplifier that I want to put in my car,
but it does not accept balanced differential inputs, I want to keep my OEM radio, I called a local shop and told them what I had and they said that I need a Line Output Converter, but I
cant seem to find one that accepts balanced differential inputs and outputs a flat signal for the amplifier, every time I look into this I end up at the JL Audio Fix 86. I would really like there
to be a cheaper option for me to go from balance differential output from my radio to unbalanced signal. I have looked into JL Audio, Rockford Fosgate, AudioControl, PAC, Axxess integrate, Maestro Idata link
I just need somebody to please tell me, what specific model of Line Output Converter will work for my setup. Thank you in advanced!!

You are correct. Use the wiring diagram from this link, which identifies the factory amp input and output harnesses. http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2012-civic-audio-wiring-guide-pinouts-for-factory-radio.5916/

The 24-pin connector at the factory amplifier is the pre-amp input signal to the amp from the stereo head unit. Look at pins A5 and A17 which are the subwoofer positive and negative wires. Cut those wires from the harness and splice an RCA plug onto them. You can buy an RCA plug with spliced wiring here: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_136XDCLR2S/JL-Audio-XD-CLRAIC2-SW.html?tp=1694

A subwoofer is a mono channel. Since you are keeping the factory amp for the front and rear speakers, I assume you are buying a mono-channel amp for your subwoofer. The single channel amp will have one RCA input and one speaker output for the subwoofer. The subwoofer setting on the stereo will still control the subwoofer level since you are using the subwoofer output from the factory stereo. Hope that helps.

I'm still a little confused about this method. So if I do not have an amp the can handle that signal "differential balanced outputs" then this process wont work and a LOC would be needed? also what about 2 channel amps for where 2 RCA plugs are needed? or am I misunderstanding all of this? I have all my power cables ran, Sub mounted, RCAs ran but still confused as hell on how to actually tap into system without needing a new amp

Sorry to bring this one back from the dead, but I haven't seen anyone cover my specific question. Has anyone tried to put the 8th gen premium sub in the 9th gen? My '09 just sounded so much better. They are diff manufacturers, from digging through part numbers. I just don't want to run a box, if I don't have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I
Sorry to bring this one back from the dead, but I haven't seen anyone cover my specific question. Has anyone tried to put the 8th gen premium sub in the 9th gen? My '09 just sounded so much better. They are diff manufacturers, from digging through part numbers. I just don't want to run a box, if I don't have to.

I haven’t seen anyone try that here, but I see no reason for it to not work. They’re both 8” shallow deck lid speakers. I guess it’d be interesting to see if you notice a difference.

I

I haven’t seen anyone try that here, but I see no reason for it to not work. They’re both 8” shallow deck lid speakers. I guess it’d be interesting to see if you notice a difference.

Gotcha. I think I'm gonna give that a shot. Can't be any worse than what I have now. I'll report back once I figure out what's up.

Gotcha. I think I'm gonna give that a shot. Can't be any worse than what I have now. I'll report back once I figure out what's up.

definitely do. I know there were some other users not happy with the stock sub

It's just shocking how bad it is compared to the 8th premium. I thought my sub was disconnected at first.

Yes, I did. I ripped out the stock sub, bypassed everything stock, and put in a new head unit, wires, rear speakers, amp, and a 4.1 sub. Eventually want to replace the front speakers and tweeters.

Exactly what I did with my Silverado. Don't want to do that again. I've had Jesse over at Phantom Audio rework my stock amp, which was well worth the money. I'll be replacing all my speakers, but keeping stock wiring and such. Just hoping I can find some magic with an 8th gen sub.

Exactly what I did with my Silverado. Don't want to do that again. I've had Jesse over at Phantom Audio rework my stock amp, which was well worth the money. I'll be replacing all my speakers, but keeping stock wiring and such. Just hoping I can find some magic with an 8th gen sub.

I like to do all my own work. I actually have to redo some of it at this point as I am not happy with my first pass. I understand not everyone has the time, knowledge, or inclination to do it themselves though.

I like to do all my own work. I actually have to redo some of it at this point as I am not happy with my first pass. I understand not everyone has the time, knowledge, or inclination to do it themselves though.

I just am not going to push the door and rear speakers with anything more than the stock amp. I ran my doors in the truck of a RF amp, and didn't know if the stock wiring could handle it. This time around, between the amp overhaul and swapping speakers, my only beef is with the sub.

I used 2 axxess loc’s for my install tapped into the stock sub for my DDM3B amp running a DD9512i and sounds clean
And tapped into the rear speaker for the other loc to run all 4 speakers components in front and back and they sound great amp on those is a audioque or soundqube 4 channel starts to distort at 34 very fast setup but looking at this thread and wondering if I should tapp into those pre amps with a LC7i and a matrix I have see if I get crispR sounds any thoughts please or if I used those RF splitters

Is your current loc something like this?

70B79A68-D402-48C2-B289-F6816BD9B24C.jpeg

If that’s the case, the lc7i offers channel customizations and all kinds of settings to help bass rolloff etc. I don’t think you can even compare the two.

I used 2 axxess loc’s for my install tapped into the stock sub for my DDM3B amp running a DD9512i and sounds clean
And tapped into the rear speaker for the other loc to run all 4 speakers components in front and back and they sound great amp on those is a audioque or soundqube 4 channel starts to distort at 34 very fast setup but looking at this thread and wondering if I should tapp into those pre amps with a LC7i and a matrix I have see if I get crispR sounds any thoughts please or if I used those RF splitters
Idk if I was looking at the wrong amp but it seems you are using a mono amplifier (1 Channel amp).
Some of the amplifiers on the market have a built in converter. Are you doing to run RCA cable's?

Back