pic of the tip, i love the way it looks, classy

20131006_070409_1.jpg

20131006_070416_1.jpg

I have a piece on order that will really pop in my engine bay
cant wait to show it off

Blam!
I love this picture
A69PidI.jpg
323, I actually found these headlights online a few days ago and was debating on getting them. Having seen your pics i have never loved Si's more!! I am definitely interested in this headlight set up tho but am kind of new at this stuff. My first thing is that I want the LED strips to be my daytime running lights but wouldn't mind them being on at night too cuz they look so nice! another question i had is that on protuning.com you can actually buy the headlights with an HID xenon kit to go along with it and i don't know what kelvin i should get. i don't want that crazy bright blue/purple hue i want them to look like genuine xenons would if they came stock with the car so i'm just waiting to find out which kelvin to get. any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

so i'm just waiting to find out which kelvin to get. any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!
First of all, thanks for the compliments!
I have 6000k and I went with that because I wanted my headlights to be very bright with just a hint of blue to match all my LED lights.
If you have any other questions, let me know!

First of all, thanks for the compliments!
I have 6000k and I went with that because I wanted my headlights to be very bright with just a hint of blue to match all my LED lights.
If you have any other questions, let me know!
Thanks for the help!!! Last question is if I'm looking for a stock-esquire kind of look and have the LEDs should I wire the led strip to the #21 or #23? And protuninglab.com gives you the add-on option of a warning canceler...? Not sure if I need that or not

Post 34 in that link I provided
Sorry just to make sure, the housing in that post is the new one or were you referring to the xenon kit that was mentioned in that post? i really like the housing that 323 has in his si so if theres a way i can get those to work with xenon's that would be perfect

i THINK that this set is actually slightly different in the sense that the headlight assembly is preassembled FOR HID bulbs but i'm not sure
http://www.protuninglab.com/hidxe12hocid2.html

Last edited:
Thanks for the help!!! Last question is if I'm looking for a stock-esquire kind of look and have the LEDs should I wire the led strip to the #21 or #23? And protuninglab.com gives you the add-on option of a warning canceler...? Not sure if I need that or not
fuse slot #23. and you would only need those if you were planning on using LED turn signals or DRLs
Sorry just to make sure, the housing in that post is the new one or were you referring to the xenon kit that was mentioned in that post? i really like the housing that 323 has in his si so if theres a way i can get those to work with xenon's that would be perfect
i THINK that this set is actually slightly different in the sense that the headlight assembly is preassembled FOR HID bulbs but i'm not sure
http://www.protuninglab.com/hidxe12hocid2.html
In that post that webby brought out, it mentioned that Spec-D tuning, the company that makes the headlights, redesigned them and stopped making the ones I have.

Certain vendors, like protuning, probably still have a stock of them and that's why they're still being offered.
The ones in the link you posted are the ones I have, no changes except yours comes with an HID kit bundled in

fuse slot #23. and you would only need those if you were planning on using LED turn signals or DRLs

In that post that webby brought out, it mentioned that Spec-D tuning, the company that makes the headlights, redesigned them and stopped making the ones I have.

Certain vendors, like protuning, probably still have a stock of them and that's why they're still being offered.
The ones in the link you posted are the ones I have, no changes except yours comes with an HID kit bundled in
gotcha, thanks for all the help guys!!

Update:

I've been driving with the RBC swap for 2 weeks now but haven't been able to enjoy it because I have a small vacuum leak.
I've been having problems with some of the tuning shops around here, but decided to go back to my original tuner and i'm so glad I did.
He said he would smoke the engine to find the leak, fix it, and tune it sometime this week, I'll just have to leave my car there for a day.
I cant wait to have this all straightened out, it's worrying me that it's getting so cold so fast.
There are some little things I wanted to complete before it got too cold but this RBC has taken up too much time...
Before it gets too cold I have to:
grease camber arms
install sway bar endlinks
good coat of wax for the winter
that secret engine bay piece ;)

Hopefully all will be better soon! I cant wait to just enjoy driving this winter.

I was assuming you had a leak somewhere. I am curious where it is coming from.

Stupid weather did change quickly. I am quite annoyed as I have a bunch of stuff to finish myself. Ended up buying a propane tank attachment so I could heat my garage in order to finish outstanding projects.

I was assuming you had a leak somewhere. I am curious where it is coming from.

Stupid weather did change quickly. I am quite annoyed as I have a bunch of stuff to finish myself. Ended up buying a propane tank attachment so I could heat my garage in order to finish outstanding projects.
yea I saw that in the purchases thread, it's a good idea.
I suspect the leak is coming from the throttle body, it was difficult to tighten down with just the allen wrench I was using

Back