323's Build

Ok I got that problem solved. Much appreciated!!! They wired it differently than it was supposed to be. Now to wire the LEDs!

I need some more help. I broke off the top of a stud when installing my RBC.
here is a picture of my engine bay, pointing to which stud I broke.
View attachment 28624

Here is the cylinder head as shown by @CollegeHillsHonda

View attachment 28625

http://www.collegehillshondaparts.c...12/si/6-speed-manual/engine/cylinder-head-24l
And so my question is, is it part #7 or 8 on that page? It looks like it could be 8, and I don't know what the difference is because they look identical, but I don't want to order the wrong one.

I tend to agree with you, but it is definitely not clear.

Sounds like a question for @CollegeHillsHonda!

Reactions: 323
I asked one of our techs and he said #8.
Thanks! that's reassuring.
I ordered #7 too because i'll be moving the ground wires for my injectors again and I want to have one handy in case I break another one lol
I placed my order this morning and i'm only 2 states away, do you have a guess on how long it'll take for my order to be delivered? i'm expecting it to be a little while since it's not usual parts, but i'm just wondering.

Installed Moog rear sway bar endlinks...and although i used grease, one of them is squeaking...gotta fix that tomorrow
also threw in my weather tech mats and i love them, definitely worth the money.
went to grease my camber arms and couldnt even take them off.
i tried with a regular 12 point socket and breaker bar, couldn't get it, started stripping the bolt.
grabbed a 6 point impact socket and a bigger breaker bar...and this happened...
XJg2TR1l.jpg

yK6yL0tl.jpg

wtWk03Nl.jpg

So i'll have to take it to my dad's shop to use an impact gun and get it off...

In other news, i'm going to order coilovers very soon, and get them installed before any big snow gets here.
I'll be getting the megan racing street series, and hopefully i can get a good deal from one of our wonderful vendors

Last edited:
lol wow. Another option -

===
The April/May 2007 edition of Machinist's Workshop did a test of penetrating oils where they measured the force required to loosen rusty test devices. Buy the issue if you want to see how they did the test. The results reported were interesting. The lower the number of pounds the better. Mighty interesting results for simple acetone and tranny fluid!

Penetrating oil .. Average load .. Price per fluid ounce
None ................. 516 pounds ..
WD-40 .............. 238 pounds .. $0.25
PB Blaster ......... 214 pounds .. $0.35
Liquid Wrench ... 127 pounds .. $0.21
Kano Kroil ......... 106 pounds .. $0.75
ATF-Acetone mix.. 53 pounds .. $0.10

The ATF-Acetone mix was a 50/50 mix (1 to 1 ratio).

====

Moving along swiftly man, looking to see some amazing results in the near future. SO far she looking good!

Reactions: 323
@webby after I couldn't get it off at first, I sprayed and let it soak in WD-40 for a while. They're not rusted at all, it's just that the guy that put them on used an impact gun and went way too tight with it

Moving along swiftly man, looking to see some amazing results in the near future. SO far she looking good!
Thanks man! My plan is to finish up little things before winter, then some big changes in the spring

Was that a 1/2" drive socket?

I know. Im just wondering if a 3/8" or 1/2" drive was used.

Back