323's Build

Got my order from @CollegeHillsHonda today and just in time for the work i'm going to do tomorrow.
just for reference, here is the difference in the 2 studs, in case someone else comes across this.
the longer one is #8 in the diagram/page listed earlier, the shorter one is #7
DOlLK51l.jpg

Too bad you didn't have some new cams to put in!
That reminds me, I emailed Brian Crower about cams, this was their response:

Joshua,

We are talking about but we are trying to judge the market as it is about $45K in tooling to make the new cam cores.

We can regrind your factory cams but do not have a cam core available at this time.

That reminds me, I emailed Brian Crower about cams, this was their response:

Joshua,

We are talking about but we are trying to judge the market as it is about $45K in tooling to make the new cam cores.

We can regrind your factory cams but do not have a cam core available at this time.

Interesting. I imagine someone will make cams eventually. My bank account will appreciate a little more time before someone does.

Reactions: 323
I asked one of our techs and he said #8.
Just FYI for anyone in the future, the stud on the passenger side, at the front of the valve cover (the one i pointed to in my picture before) is #7 in the diagram.
The stud underneath the spark plug cover is #8
I'm glad i ordered one of each!

While i was tinkering last night, i extended and moved my injector grounds from the head to the left (passenger side) of the block, to a spot that already had a ground bolted to it (looked like the ground for the alternator)
I dont know if it's just my imagination, but the car seemed a little smoother to drive today, and i did see a jump of 6 mpgs (from 24 to 30) between tank fill-ups.
I forgot to take a pic, but i like the way it turned out, it looks more stock and you can't even see the ground wire if you're not looking for it

While i was tinkering last night, i extended and moved my injector grounds from the head to the left (passenger side) of the block, to a spot that already had a ground bolted to it (looked like the ground for the alternator)
I dont know if it's just my imagination, but the car seemed a little smoother to drive today, and i did see a jump of 6 mpgs (from 24 to 30) between tank fill-ups.
I forgot to take a pic, but i like the way it turned out, it looks more stock and you can't even see the ground wire if you're not looking for it

I am having no problems with my mpgs (30ish)...if I keep my foot off the floor. However, I would like to move the grounds as they look really out of place.

I am having no problems with my mpgs (30ish)...if I keep my foot off the floor. However, I would like to move the grounds as they look really out of place.
i'll post a picture to where i moved them

Back