9thcivic Tail of the Dragon 2013 ???

Discussion in 'Tail Of The Dragon II Meet Septeptember 2013' started by Speedysal, Jan 1, 2013.

1. 07TLX
    • Supporting Member

07TLX Supporting Member

Vehicle Model:
    Pontiac
    Body Style:
    G8 GT
    That sucks Keith

2. getxerxdone

getxerxdone Well-Known Member

how do you like the wrx? im about to buy a '13 wrx hatch i believe, you had an ex at one point didnt you? can you compare?

bootyluvr likes this.
  3. webby
    • Staff
    • 2020 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

on the corvette forum - supposedly 03-04 z06's lose 2" over the 2001 z06 in headroom due to a different headliner & design. Some 03+ owners show how to swap the 01 headliner in to gain headroom for a helmet...so that's no good.

4. webby
    • Staff
    • 2020 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

wrx hatch versus ex civic?

5. k757

k757 Well-Known Member

I enjoy the WRX, but want to move onto a car that I can make a super-power car. Don't get me wrong, the WRX is pretty damn good at auto-x and does all that I need in a single car (fun, powerful, AWD for snow/ice, low center of gravity, road handling, etc.) but its limited on what I can do with it powerwise. Max, I can get it to (to the wheels) 300 hp/300 Tq with a pro-tuned stage 2 setup. Yes, that's a lot for what a $25k new car can give with about $2500 put into it, but I want more. :)

I had a '07 LX coupe (stick).... the econo-car Civic doesn't compare to what the WRX comes with stock. The WRX is an off the showroom floor competent racer. If you are thinking the WRX costs more, so it will be more comfortable, negative. If you plan on getting an exhaust for the WRX, I will just say this: I have a Nameless Performance axleback on my WRX sedan and it makes some awesome sounds (gurgling, etc.) I get about 2 people/auto-x event come up to me and ask "what I've done to the car cause it sounds great". I rode in a new WRX hatch (stage 2) with an Invidia exhaust (one of the biggest brand names) and the exhaust noise reverberation heard inside the car was very annoying. I suspect the hatch glass echos the sound forward.

6. death_roll

death_roll Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    a happy face
    The nameless on my sedan was more livable than the N1 on the hatch, primarily because it was a hatch and I suspect the larger 3" piping and muffler added more bass to the system overall.

I'm not adding any more power to the WRX, based of of yesterday's observations, it's not worth it. I might not even mod the suspension either, save for tires and an alignment.

7. k757

k757 Well-Known Member

Plus the Nameless is an anti-ricer measure. It scares the crap out of ricers. It makes the car sound like it is far more than stock

8. jrotax101
    • Staff
    • Supporting Member

jrotax101 Avada Kedavra

Vehicle Model:
    BMW
    Body Style:
    M3
    Solution to headroom = bucket seat.

I couldn't fit in my M3 with a helmet on. My head touched the roof without it.
    Now my eyes are level with the top of the steering wheel..

9. death_roll

Vehicle Model:
    a happy face
    Took mine off & sold it, it was getting too loud and obnoxious for DD duty, I'd go with a 5" muffler version next time. Maybe I will if I keep the car another year.

sonej4

Don't sell your car to some drifto wannabe or this may happen:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mvyIExP14j4

10. 07TLX
    • Supporting Member

07TLX Supporting Member

Vehicle Model:
    Pontiac
    Body Style:
    G8 GT
    What did you almost break?

11. webby
    • Staff
    • 2020 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

"based of of yesterday's observations" -

I'd like to know as well

12. bootyluvr
    • 2020 Toys For Tots
    • Supporting Member

bootyluvr Supporting Member

Vehicle Model:
    2015 Honda Accord EX-L V6
  13. death_roll

Vehicle Model:
    a happy face
    Shitty intercooler to throttle body hose design, requires an aftermarket piece that doesn't always fit 100% (gonna fix that at work), shitty plastic endtank intercooler, plastic bypass valve, plastic bypass valve hose, plastic intake manifold, rubber dampener on the steering shaft (STI steering shaft is solid, giving more feel to the steering).

The more I look into it, the car was design only to be a DD where the STI is far more robust in more areas than most people think. I'm probably gonna put some good tires on it and call it a day, no sense in modding it to be "almost" as good as a stock STI (chassis wise).

14. webby
    • Staff
    • 2020 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

15. death_roll

Vehicle Model:
    a happy face
    Saw it already, but there's so much more different between the two that Mr. Corporate didn't tell you.

16. k757

k757 Well-Known Member

true. there is a related video where the guy goes from front to back and points out a bunch of STI differences.

Simply:
    The WRX is a very good street fun car. The STI is a track ready car

17. sonej4

sonej4 Well-Known Member

18. sonej4

sonej4 Well-Known Member

Just ordered my wheels and tires for the bimmer.

Tony An, webby, 07TLX and 1 other person like this.
  19. KennyGS

KennyGS How may I help?

20. k757

k757 Well-Known Member

and the official 2013 prep has begun