9thcivic Tail of the Dragon 2013 ???

So I sat n a '01 Chevy Corvette Z06 on Friday as a possible replacement to my '11 WRX. No good with headroom. I fit, just barely, without a helmet. With a helmet, no chance. oh well.... moving on
how do you like the wrx? im about to buy a '13 wrx hatch i believe, you had an ex at one point didnt you? can you compare?

on the corvette forum - supposedly 03-04 z06's lose 2" over the 2001 z06 in headroom due to a different headliner & design. Some 03+ owners show how to swap the 01 headliner in to gain headroom for a helmet...so that's no good.

how do you like the wrx? im about to buy a '13 wrx hatch i believe, you had an ex at one point didnt you? can you compare?
I enjoy the WRX, but want to move onto a car that I can make a super-power car. Don't get me wrong, the WRX is pretty damn good at auto-x and does all that I need in a single car (fun, powerful, AWD for snow/ice, low center of gravity, road handling, etc.) but its limited on what I can do with it powerwise. Max, I can get it to (to the wheels) 300 hp/300 Tq with a pro-tuned stage 2 setup. Yes, that's a lot for what a $25k new car can give with about $2500 put into it, but I want more. :)

I had a '07 LX coupe (stick).... the econo-car Civic doesn't compare to what the WRX comes with stock. The WRX is an off the showroom floor competent racer. If you are thinking the WRX costs more, so it will be more comfortable, negative. If you plan on getting an exhaust for the WRX, I will just say this: I have a Nameless Performance axleback on my WRX sedan and it makes some awesome sounds (gurgling, etc.) I get about 2 people/auto-x event come up to me and ask "what I've done to the car cause it sounds great". I rode in a new WRX hatch (stage 2) with an Invidia exhaust (one of the biggest brand names) and the exhaust noise reverberation heard inside the car was very annoying. I suspect the hatch glass echos the sound forward.

The nameless on my sedan was more livable than the N1 on the hatch, primarily because it was a hatch and I suspect the larger 3" piping and muffler added more bass to the system overall.

I'm not adding any more power to the WRX, based of of yesterday's observations, it's not worth it. I might not even mod the suspension either, save for tires and an alignment.

The nameless on my sedan was more livable than the N1 on the hatch, primarily because it was a hatch and I suspect the larger 3" piping and muffler added more bass to the system overall.

I'm not adding any more power to the WRX, based of of yesterday's observations, it's not worth it. I might not even mod the suspension either, save for tires and an alignment.
Plus the Nameless is an anti-ricer measure. It scares the crap out of ricers. It makes the car sound like it is far more than stock

Solution to headroom = bucket seat.

I couldn't fit in my M3 with a helmet on. My head touched the roof without it.
Now my eyes are level with the top of the steering wheel..

"based of of yesterday's observations" -

I'd like to know as well

What did you almost break?
"based of of yesterday's observations" -

I'd like to know as well

Shitty intercooler to throttle body hose design, requires an aftermarket piece that doesn't always fit 100% (gonna fix that at work), shitty plastic endtank intercooler, plastic bypass valve, plastic bypass valve hose, plastic intake manifold, rubber dampener on the steering shaft (STI steering shaft is solid, giving more feel to the steering).

The more I look into it, the car was design only to be a DD where the STI is far more robust in more areas than most people think. I'm probably gonna put some good tires on it and call it a day, no sense in modding it to be "almost" as good as a stock STI (chassis wise).

Saw it already, but there's so much more different between the two that Mr. Corporate didn't tell you.
true. there is a related video where the guy goes from front to back and points out a bunch of STI differences.

Simply:
The WRX is a very good street fun car. The STI is a track ready car

Back