DIY Clutch Delay valve Removal

Has anyone had any experience with the K-Tuned stainless steel clutch line? :feedback:

http://k-tuned.3dcartstores.com/Stainless-Steel-Clutch-Line-Kit_p_44.html
To be honest, there's not much of a difference between stainless steel line brands besides price and the brand shown. This is what I have (purchased Aug 2014) and it is only a fraction of the cost,

View: https://www.amazon.com/Russell-684740-Brake-Line-Kit/dp/B001B82GES/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1488637336&vehicle=2007-59-752-823--7-6-5-8068-2449-1-1-2825--1-0&sr=1-1&ymm=2007%3Ahonda%3Acivic&keywords=stainless+steel+clutch+line

I have a Russell clutch line for my Si and Goodridge for my E36 M3.

I have the Russell myself and love it for the price. Easy to install to if you have an aftermarket intake.

I tried to get the clip out for like 30 minutes the other day. Just would not come out. I'm give it another shot in a few weeks when I have a vacation.

Did you end up getting it out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've debated doing this before I leave but since I have quite a bit to get done this week, doesn't look like I'll have time.....

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

So now that I got the difference, my car is newer so I don't think crescent wrench would be an issue. I might get to it this week before I go back to work next week. One last project before she goes on jack stands for a while.

Do it. It'll take you 2 hours tops and then you'll be like "you were right Ron". Use flare wrenches!!!!

You should come over and help me lmao. I'm not the first owner so I'm not sure if it was already done, but I doubt it was.

@bauer311 I thought the same thing about the flare wrench. Mine is a year older but I am sure that part has not changed. After trying for a while with crescent wrenches I could not get that nut loose. If you really don't want to spend the $6 for a flare nut wrench, maybe you could rent one from an Autozone store. But trust me, it will make things a lot easier changing the clutch line. Just in case you were curious where I got mine, here is the link...
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-9mm-x-10mm-Flare-Nut-Open-End-Wrench/50142254

@bauer311 I thought the same thing about the flare wrench. Mine is a year older but I am sure that part has not changed. After trying for a while with crescent wrenches I could not get that nut loose. If you really don't want to spend the $6 for a flare nut wrench, maybe you could rent one from an Autozone store. But trust me, it will make things a lot easier changing the clutch line. Just in case you were curious where I got mine, here is the link...

I was thinking the same thing. I wouldn't want to start this mod and find out that the nut will not budge and then take a chance on rounding out the nut.
Better to be prepared with the right tools and do the job right and without issues on the first attempt.

Last edited:
I won't be free till like the beginning of next month but I'll help u. It's not hard at all. The hardest part for me was the clip.

Any way to tell if the previous owner already did it based off of how it drives? I doubt it simply cause nothing is tampered with in terms of the car.
Btw, my car is completely stock so don't make fun of me lol

If the car is stock I doubt it's out. but I would check where the cap is that holds the valve in. There will probably be some marks of someone trying to take out that clip. And for me it felt like the tranny was slipping at high rpm shifting.

I'd never make fun of someone for keeping there car stock cause the way I see it I'm the one spending money I don't have on stuff I don't really need. It's a drug.

If the car is stock I doubt it's out. but I would check where the cap is that holds the valve in. There will probably be some marks of someone trying to take out that clip. And for me it felt like the tranny was slipping at high rpm shifting.

I'd never make fun of someone for keeping there car stock cause the way I see it I'm the one spending money I don't have on stuff I don't really need. It's a drug.

I'll check it out, I just dropped a K&N drop-in filter in the box, but I probably need to make sure I inserted it correctly. Can't really tell if it's doing anything.
And I know what you mean about the addiction man, probably is I don't have the money for the things I want.. eventually going CT-E Supercharger though! Probably next year or late this year

If it's really gonna make that much difference, I would have thought bring pretty new ('15) I would be good. Thanks for the tip @ron_v & @ sarcras.

Back