DIY Clutch Delay valve Removal

The downside is you can break the disc as you can engage the clutch more harshly... which (breakage) seems to be happening anyways as I suspect the disc is too wimpy for the engine...I took mine out an I feel that I have more control The valve is there so that the manufacturer (Honda) can somewhat control clutch engagement, thus controlling emissions and making it easier to create an universal map for most drivers. Currently it cost manufacturers more to develop manual transmission cars than automatics - the reason is that there are too many variables - everyone drives differently. Automatics and CVT eliminate a ton of variables. The clutch delay also valve removes some of those variables, as does the software that results rev hang.

Thanks, @the insider! That all makes sense. When you mention breaking discs, I assume you mean when driving very hard and probably also with very sticky tires, right? I haven't done much research on it, but almost sounds as if a clutch upgrade may be best for these cars when the time comes to replace it.

Did this today,that c clip is a huge pain the balls but doing this and adding a PRL SS line it feels like a whole new car. And another thing that made it easier was using a speed bleeder.

What size speed bleeder do we need (I'm assuming there is a wide assortment of sizes anyway)?

Front……SB1010

Rear…….SB8125L

Clutch….SB8125L

When ordering Speed Bleeder, consider also ordering the Bag and Hose Combo. The bag is like an IV bag. It comes with 30 inches of silicone hose. When one end of the hose is attached to the bag and the other end is attached to the Speed Bleeder, it makes the messy job of bleeding brakes neat and clean. The hose and bag are reusable.

Speed Bleeder is also available in 303 Stainless Steel. The stainless steel bleeder will never rust or corrode and is polished to a brilliant gloss for the custom look. To order the stainless steel version go towww.speedbleeder.com click on “Secure Ordering” at the top of the order page you will see a selection “Stainless Steel”. Click on this heading and all the sizes available in stainless steel will drop down.

All I need is the SB8125L bleeder right? Probably a dumb question but I've never bled brakes/clutches before. I assume nothing needs to be done with the brakes but just making sure since you mentioned it!

I had this done today and I'm so glad that I did. It's finally grabbing the way a sporty var should. I hate that car manufacturers are trying to make cars that meet everyone's skill level. If you can't drive a manual then get an automatic. I see no need to make everything vanilla just to make a car feel like an automatic.

I have a stage 4 unsprung cc clutch.. It engages hard as it is now... I wonder how the cdv delete will work with my clutch!?!?

Came upon this because I've been having the shifting issue, slamming then grinding/missing 2nd gear literally for no reason. I knew there was something wrong because I wasn't having any issues with a different manufacture car. Now I see all these fixes for it. I feel like I shoul've done this mod a long time ago. Have 15.3k on the car atm, hoping my clutch isn't too whack from this crap.

So, from what I'm gathering, I should get

Hybrid Racing Shifter Cable Bushings
P2R SS Clutch Line or do i get the PRL Motorsports SS Clutch Line
10mm Flare Nut Wrench (Don't have one of these ATM)

Should I get Honda DOT4 spec fluid? I've always learned with Honda's and there fluids like Brake/Clutch/Coolant to get the Honda stuff
Also, might as well replace the trans fluid with Redline too?

Back