Gopro videos

Time lapse is a cool effect. Turns a boring drive into an interesting vid. :thumb:

I love the idea of GoPro, but wish they would make an attachment for an auxiliary camera so that you could daisy chain it and get dash readouts overlaid or done as picture-in-picture. It could even be useful for shifting critiques, too. The auxiliary camera wouldn't necessarily have to be HD or very large either.

gopro calls the auxilary camera... another gopro

352m7bb.jpg

I'm interested in a GoPro...

Recommend me one.

- I'm cheap
- Doesn't have to be super fancy
- Will be using it for the Dragon/cruises locally/random drives

I'm interested in a GoPro...

Recommend me one.

- I'm cheap
- Doesn't have to be super fancy
- Will be using it for the Dragon/cruises locally/random drives

Buy my GoPro2. I believe I won a GoPro3 for winning my auto-x class this year. I'll find out saturday night

You could get just about any gopro. You'd just want to pickup a gopro suction cup, which can be purchased through amazon/ebay etc. The model that comes with the suction cup from the factory is called the "motorsports hero" if you want to see what used ones are selling for. The newer models offer higher frame rates for slow motion shots, and different cameras for higher resolution still photos. Probably not of any interest if you're just looking to film dragon runs or whatever.

Another feature you want is that the "on light" can be seen from frt and rear............. the earlier models didn't have this. I find it hard to hear the beep in a lot of cases.

Another thing for anyone looking to buy a GoPro, if you buy it at a store where you can hold it in your hands, there are two buttons (shutter/on-off) , you need to shake the GP a listen carefully to see if the buttons are loose enough to make a clicking sound, if so keep trying till you find one that doesn't. The buttons have been identified as the source of noise.

avoid the light and having to deal with the little useless screen that you can't read. GoPro makes a part called a BacPac.

http://gopro.com/hd-hero-accessories/lcd-bacpac/

There are many reasons that it is a must have, but you can not have that red dot lit and you can actually see what you are recording (if you desire). I have my BacPac configured to turn off the display after 1 min. Oh yea, you can actually read all the settings as well.

I can't imagine not having a BacPac on my GoPro. Yes, it's pricey but worth every penny

The BacPac is a nice extra, but keep in mind that not only is the BP pricey, but it also requires a battery for that as well.

The BacPac is a nice extra, but keep in mind that not only is the BP pricey, but it also requires a battery for that as well.
my GoPro2 bacpac has no battery that I know of. I just plug in my GoPro2 to recharge the battery in the camera. I can't comment on the GoPro3

my GoPro2 bacpac has no battery that I know of. I just plug in my GoPro2 to recharge the battery in the camera. I can't comment on the GoPro3
Good to know they changed that......Thx

i got the Astak actioncam 7200 as a gift for xmas got the mount for my paintball gun which gives a call of duty first person view and suction for the car ...i had to buy those two mounts but thats it ! the cam came with everything else included wireless remote even the screen that atatches to the back which gopro charges 80-100 for and a whole bunch of mounts even helmet mount too ill take a pic so you guys can see when i get home from work..
funny part is that it almost looks just like the gopro but the lens is center instead of to the right and its black .

Back