How Much Did You Pay For Your 2012 Honda Civic

Got a 2012 Civic, EX-L Navi (auto) about a week ago.
Color: Crystal Black Pearl
MSRP: 24,503 included wheel locks and splash guards
OTD: 22,793 and 0.9%

First Honda in many years................................So far I'm liking it.

Hi all,

I recently received a quote for a Silver 2012 Honda Civic EX w/o navigation with protection package and window tint.
The quoted OTD price is 20500 in TX. What do you guys think about the deal?

Regards,

welcome to 9thcivic - yes, with taxes, that would be a good deal.

ex sedan automatic in your area -
showing like 19,7XX without taxes (and without tint)

welcome to 9thcivic - yes, with taxes, that would be a good deal.

ex sedan automatic in your area -
showing like 19,7XX without taxes (and without tint)

Thanks for your reply, webby. yeah, I am actually thinking of going ahead and accepting that deal.

In final negotiations. Dealer quote is $18,740 for 2012 Honda Civic EX (metal metallic) including doc fee. Also, a Honda incentive of 0.9% financing for 36 months. I countered with $18,650 and will see what tomorrow brings! : )

welcome to 9th and good luck. Keep us posted

Thanks, Webby! I signed papers tonight - 2012 Honda Civic EX, metal metallic (splash guards included). MSRP $21,275: Negotiated price was $18,740 (plus tax & doc fee) w/ financing through Honda at 0.9% for 36 months and Honda pays first month's payment up to $500 (mine is $283 - partially financed). The person doing the paperwork for financing about fell off her chair and said she was in awe that I'd negotiated that price - said they lost money on that deal, but she did congratulate me! : )

Congrats HondaRhonda, metal metallic is a great color and would have been my second choice if I couldn't get crystal pearl black (I am sure yours will show a lot less dirt than mine...LOL). I found it interesting that your finance person said that the dealership lost money on your negotiated price of $18,740 as that was the same thing my F&I person told me (I negotiated the same price). But I did find out that with the allotted Honda provided "flex-cash" to the dealerships .... they still made a profit.

Anyway, good for you! .... enjoy your car... the 9th gen EX's are awesome!!!

according to truecar that is below dealer cost
MSRP: $21,275

Dealer Cost is determined as the factory invoice total, minus holdbacks, customer incentives and any applicable dealer incentives.

Base Vehicle $18,882
Holdback -$410
Dealer Incentives -$400
Options $0
Regional Ad Fees $205
Destination Fees $770
Customer Incentives $0
===
$19,047

Hello,

I just bought my Honda civic ex 2012 today. I had such a great deal.

I paid a total of $19,641 for everything which includes tax, title and etc.

It was such a great price. I'm so excited for the car and definitely loving it!

trying to buy a 2012 honda civic ex sedan, color optional hear is what i've heard so: trade in for '03 crv-ex @184,000 miles=$3000 + 1000 downpayment and 60 payments @ $282.00 per month. buying in Suffolk County, NY. I have been through this before when i went to seven dealerships in '03 to buy the crv (still felt shafted) i would like someone, anyone to reply back if this is a fair deal overall>>please help. thanks ,stephan

trying to buy a 2012 honda civic-ex sedan color optional. tired of the bs please advise................here are the numbers: trading in an '03 honda crv-ex w/184,000 miles = $3000.00 trade-in value, $1000.00 down-payment, 60 months @ $282.00 per month. This proposed sale is taking place in Suffolk County, Long Island, NY. IS THIS A FAIR DEAL OVERALL. Reading off the e-mail I recieved: car=$18,402 trade $3000 Tax 1328.43 DMV FEE 97.50 downpayment $1000, loan amount @1.9% = 15827.92 for 279-282 per month.

kbb dealer trade in value on a 2003 auto crv with the miles you listed -
Excellent $5,502
Very Good $5,352
Good $4,927
Fair $3,977

private party selling - (selling the crv yourself)
Excellent $8,022
Very Good $7,647
Good $7,372
Fair $6,322

I can tell you straight up, you will not get "excellent" trade in value regardless of it's condition. I did not input any options on the car. If the crv is a manual trans, then you'll need to go to kbb and see how much the value changes.

^^^Ken, I think your trim level changed on you - that's maybe a DX trim?

I put in a zip code for long island, and it pulls up this data on edmunds:
$19,950 sedan ex - automatic is the average price being paid for the car. That price is without tax.

exsedan.png

Back