I'm baaaack! '15 Si Sedan Version 2.2

its irresponsible not to buy them at that price

tell her Dr.'s orders

That's a great deal. I wouldn't buy them unless you don't go very low, only adjustment is at the spring. Those are the ones I have installed, they ride nice.

Forget the suspension…..going to drive the car off a tall bridge!

The I-mid chimed the warning light once and after I got home, I checked the oil and registered nothing in the dipstick.

Not sure what to think or what to do about it. I just changed the oil 760 miles ago.

oh my, no blue smoke out the exhaust?
Nope.....

To note......last time it registered no oil on the dipstick, I changed the oil and there was atleast 3 or more quarts that came out.....I think. Would there be some other issue that causes the dip stick not to read correctly?

There is no way this engine is burning 3-4 quarts in under a 1000 miles with no smoke, no oil drips anywhere.

Nope.....

To note......last time it registered no oil on the dipstick, I changed the oil and there was atleast 3 or more quarts that came out.....I think. Would there be some other issue that causes the dip stick not to read correctly?

There is no way this engine is burning 3-4 quarts in under a 1000 miles with no smoke, no oil drips anywhere.
hard to believe but is the dipstick the right length? oil capacity is 3.7quarts. have you topped it up? how much did it take?

hard to believe but is the dipstick the right length? oil capacity is 3.7quarts. have you topped it up? how much did it take?

No clue on the correct dipstick but right after the oil change it read right in the middle when I did 4.5 quarts. Si oil and filter change is 4.4. I haven't added any oil.

Just checked the oil again since the car is cooler now. Engine still warm to the touch.

B41C9AB1-BC30-4093-A890-5EED0BED2D21.jpeg8252A815-FCBE-4C9D-AE72-81A6E87DC55B.jpeg

So what would be the amount of oil in the car once nothing reads on the dipstick? Like 3 qts?

As Webby mentioned to me. Top dot is 4.5 low dot is 3.5 since low dot means “add a qt”. So no reading would be 3qt or a bit less?

We know the motors have the oil consumption issues so maybe mine is in the “heavy burn” side? And being at 78k miles Honda won’t do poop about it.

Nah.......just need a money tree.....

It's not hard. Just need time. And money. If you could have your car down for a month or two and do it over time it's pretty easy. Assuming the cylinder walls aren't scored.

Forget the suspension…..going to drive the car off a tall bridge!

The I-mid chimed the warning light once and after I got home, I checked the oil and registered nothing in the dipstick.
Wonder if the previous owner knew something was up and didn't tell you... Hmm :think:

It's not hard. Just need time. And money. If you could have your car down for a month or two and do it over time it's pretty easy. Assuming the cylinder walls aren't scored.
Above my pay grade….

Back