I'm baaaack! '15 Si Sedan Version 2.2

Even amsoil states the color doesn’t indicate if it’s old.

—-

Oil darkness is not an indication of the condition of the oil itself. The detergents and dispersants in the oil are what causes it to darken as it is doing its job in cleaning the engine and carrying particulates to the oil filter.

The only surefire way to determine if the oil has reached the end of its service life is to perform oil analysis.

Might want to check the oil periodically to see if it's burning.

Was there ever a "fix" or any resolutuion from Honda? Or was it just a thing you live with?

Was there ever a "fix" or any resolutuion from Honda? Or was it just a thing you live with?
Mine doesn't burn or at least not enough for me to notice. Just thought it was a possibility if the previous owner changed it before you got it.

Since mine is not a 2012, I’ll just keep an eye on it.

Got the knockoff Muuuuuugen CF shift knob. It’s 40 grams lighter than the knob that came with the car but the smaller size and sitting way lower than the other knob makes it great purchase….especially for $24.

I’ll have to mess with the shift boot or replace it with an alcantara one. Also, whomever put on the boot/acuity collar put the zip tie where the chunky side is facing the front of the car and with the knob sitting lower, my fingers hit the chunky part of the zip tie. I’ll prob put the chunky part of the zip tie towards the back of the car.

Also, spin the collar around so the acuity word is facing then back also.

74F41E81-3F1A-4416-A2B4-5676AF6A2691.jpegBA5898D7-6270-473A-B52C-689D9635565F.jpegDF6EE740-1A6F-4C89-83F5-4528E1647275.jpegC16744B5-89C6-438A-908A-AF97A2F67F47.jpeg

Anyone got a spare tire? lol

The patch that someone put on the edge of the tire(which is dumb to begin with) is leaking. Gonna search for a used tire as these have 5-6/32nds left.

D1CD67A1-5D53-4393-BFB9-1E48F21EE08C.jpeg

oh man, even i wouldnt fix that tire.
Yeah....pretty crazy.

When I got the car, that tire was on the rear. I wonder if by me putting that tire in the frint messed up the plug and cause the leak. In any case, that tire is now in the rear. Drove 100 miles today and the tpms warning didn't go off, lol.

I'm pretty sure a tire shop told me they wouldn't plug anything within 1" of the edge or something like that

I'm pretty sure a tire shop told me they wouldn't plug anything within 1" of the edge or something like that
Right.....thats seems to be the norm.....

Found a potential killer deal on a newer Tein basic coil overs but already got denied twice by the wife and don’t really need to spend the cash at this time.

#adultingsucks. #dontwanttobeinthedoghouse

Found a potential killer deal on a newer Tein basic coil overs but already got denied twice by the wife and don’t really need to spend the cash at this time.

#adultingsucks. #dontwanttobeinthedoghouse

Smart wife! Glad she wears the pants ;)

Back