Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

Went to a restaurant yesterday with the family. Person was about to seat us in the back of the restaurant but we wanted to be on the patio. She told us they put families with kids under 19 in the back. We walked out and went next door to another place.

Cant say I've ever had this happen before, I don't understand it. It has nothing to do with laws as we have never seen it before and the place next door had a bar in the center.

Any one experience this??

Went to a restaurant yesterday with the family. Person was about to seat us in the back of the restaurant but we wanted to be on the patio. She told us they put families with kids under 19 in the back. We walked out and went next door to another place.

Cant say I've ever had this happen before, I don't understand it. It has nothing to do with laws as we have never seen it before and the place next door had a bar in the center.

Any one experience this??

Interesting you said this.. :think:

I'm in a DINK/SINK (Dual Income No Kids/Single Income No Kids) FB Group and someone made a post about going to a restaurant and a couple had small children (think they said under 10 - I'm pretty sure yours are older) that were being loud I guess and the person that made the FB post wish they put the kids in the back or restricted them from coming to the place...

Of course I didn't reply but I think that was a bit much. I don't have any kids and sometimes I go places and the parents are oblivious to the kids (either they are running around or they are being loud OR they have the iPad/tablet volume blasted up and the parents seem to be fine with it).

Did you push it a bit more or just once the hostess said that you left? I would have been like let me talk to the manager.

Interesting you said this.. :think:

I'm in a DINK/SINK (Dual Income No Kids/Single Income No Kids) FB Group and someone made a post about going to a restaurant and a couple had small children (think they said under 10 - I'm pretty sure yours are older) that were being loud I guess and the person that made the FB post wish they put the kids in the back or restricted them from coming to the place...

Of course I didn't reply but I think that was a bit much. I don't have any kids and sometimes I go places and the parents are oblivious to the kids (either they are running around or they are being loud OR they have the iPad/tablet volume blasted up and the parents seem to be fine with it).

Did you push it a bit more or just once the hostess said that you left? I would have been like let me talk to the manager.
We don't let our kids be annoying. If they're annoying others they annoy us. They're 7 and 9.
We also don't give them ipads outside the house so that's not an issue. We try and have a good time with our kids even though our son (9) is acting like a teenager already. We still have a good time and drink around them.

I read a review about this place about the same issue before we got there but forgot it was for this specific place till the hostesses said it. We just walked out. Wasn't worth the hassel. The place we ended up going to was great. I made a review for both on Google.

was the patio more like an outside bar area? I've heard of some places that had more of a "drinking area" for adults that they didn't seat kids/families, but I have no clue if that's how that place was. Otherwise, no clue

was the patio more like an outside bar area? I've heard of some places that had more of a "drinking area" for adults that they didn't seat kids/families, but I have no clue if that's how that place was. Otherwise, no clue
No. The bar was inside. But either way kids are allowed near a bar at a restaurant. I can understand if it's an adult only bar but that's not the case.

Put my civic up for sale. Really don't think it's going to sell at all.

House closes on Thursday. Have a video meeting at 6:30 am tomorrow because of the time difference with the lawyer.

It's going to take a long time to sell. Small population where I am and Vancouver requires a ferry

:wave: Morning

Co-worker is off today & tomorrow so I'm covering his areas. Early start today.

Back