Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

Another day another diesel ram with the cab off for a new engine. This is the 2500 that ate the bolt. Been sitting on my hoist for weeks.
PXL_20230331_124815935.jpg

"ate the bolt"?
grid-heat-2-jpg.839125

grid heater fails and drops a bolt into the intake, bolt rolls into cylinder 6. piston eats bolt.

grid-heat-2-jpg.839125

grid heater fails and drops a bolt into the intake, bolt rolls into cylinder 6. piston eats bolt.
Is this a common thing? Will it just end up happening again with the new engine, or is there an actual “fix”?

Is this a common thing? Will it just end up happening again with the new engine, or is there an actual “fix”?
I'm not sure. I've seen it a lot on the internet. There's supposed to be a bulletin for the relay sticking causing this issue. Co worker just replaced the grid heater on a other truck for a grid heater code but it wasn't loose. Lots of stuff on the internet replace this stuff with an upgraded banks intake that removes the heater and relocates it.

Got the tires mounted and everything... will probably try to do the chain tomorrow. I sat on the frame and it seems to fit okay; I'm curious as to how well it'll steer with these dinner plate wheels.

View attachment 65864
PXL_20230321_231726382.jpg
Yeah. The intake is a ramp so it rolls down to the last cylinder.

Recently got wheels for my fixie/single speed. It's a flip flop wheel so it can be both. I think I'm gonna keep it for a while. Couldn't fit the rear fender on for some reason so I'll be removing the front as well. I like how simple it is to ride.

Took the day off for a surgical consult on my knee. Standing in the kitchen making a cup of coffee and I hear someone unlocking my work van and loading parts into the back. Text one of the routing team members and she forgot I was off today. Let’s see how this somehow becomes my fault.

Took the day off for a surgical consult on my knee. Standing in the kitchen making a cup of coffee and I hear someone unlocking my work van and loading parts into the back. Text one of the routing team members and she forgot I was off today. Let’s see how this somehow becomes my fault.
why would they be putting parts in to your truck?

got shipping quotes for my car to bc. looking at $1500-$1900 depending on pick up and drop of locations. think im gonna do it.

I start and finish my work day at home. Someone swings through around 630am every morning and loads whatever parts I need for my day then takes whatever trash or returns I might have.
Ah. So they think youre working. Lol

Back