My new 9th!

And the finished product. Not the cleanest install I ever did, but it's outta sight and gets the job done. Using the stock speakers for now, but since i have the basslink installed, I can cut out the lower frequencies and they'll be fine amped.

Had the MTX re-q5 laying around from my 8th gen civic and the alpine 445U power pack from my 9th gen civic. By my ears, the re-Q does a pretty good job of flattening out the signal from the stock deck and restoring lost bass, especially at higher volumes.

I like the alpine power pack since it's really compact. 45 watts RMS x 4 is more than enough to blow the stock speakers, so I have the high pass crossover set at 80hz for now and go from there.

It actually sounds pretty good for stock speakers. The Polk components I had in my civic sounded much better, but those were also amped and run by a pioneer AVIC navi head unit. I'm happy for now, which is good because I can't afford better speakers yet. Haha

Under front pass seat.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21370186713.513097.jpg

This is all you can see from the rear seat, and only if you get to floor level. Nothing shows until the front seat is pushed almost all the way forward.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21370186735.828145.jpg

Like what you did to your system, maybe I should help my sister mod her 13 accord as well.
The speakers do much better with the crossover. Take out the high-excursion bass notes and the distortion is drastically reduced. I'm also surprised by how well the basslink does in the accord considering how well insulated the trunk is. If I didn't have that re-Q5 laying around, I'd probably have gone with the AudioControl LC6i. It's super easy to integrate into a stock system. It's more expensive than using a cheap LOC, but if you want good sound, powered units like the LC6i or the re-Q5 work much better than those cheap passive ones.

I thought so too, but my sister is one of those, if it looks to complicated she would rather live with it and not let me touch :(

Washed the car for the first time today and found stains all over the doors, fenders, and back bumper. THIS IS WHY I HATE LETTING DEALERSHIPS DO NEW CAR PREP. Had they not waited til the car was done to call me, this wouldn't have happened.

Turns out the tire dressing Scott Clark Honda used was silicone based, and stained the paint. It's literally in the paint. Tried IPA, clay, cleaner wax, Optimum poli-seal with a black pad, and even M105 w/ and orange pad. NOTHING takes it off. If you all have any other ideas to try, I'm open to anything, but I won't be able to work on it for a while as I'll be away.

This is what it looked like after I finished. It was much darker and much more noticeable after washing, but the IPA did a good job of cutting off the top layer that the wash couldn't get. It's just that the rest seems to be stuck IN the paint instead of on it. I left it with a coat of poli-seal for now.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371073399.788911.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371073436.450136.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371073446.220345.jpg

So the wife can drive it. I actually had a black 6-spd picked out, but then thought better of it. With the twins on the way, the auto makes for a better family car that either of us can drive. It's the first non-manual car I've ever bought. Honestly, this CVT is one of the better automatics I've driven

I'd be furious. Dealer needs to fix it.
Having worked at a dealership, their priority is time over quality. Knowing that, I'd rather do it myself than let them do some hack job with some aggressive polish just to get it done quick. I'm familiar with some of the proper detailing techniques, but haven't seen issues with tire dressing like this in a long time. The dealership I worked at used good quality polishes and tire dressings, but I guess I was expecting too much when I thought it'd be the same here.

There is no quick fix that I know of. 105 on an orange pad is very aggressive. If that didn't fix it you are pretty well stuck. I believe the chemical that is the silicone in cheap tire dressing is dimethyl silicone and is dissolved in some petroleum solvent. This allows it to penetrate into the paint as you have just seen. It also allows it to penetrate the tire surface which it why they get brown and dried out from it. The stuff basically damages the surface in penetrating then evaporates.

Repainting is about the only real fix I know of. Not the first time i've seen this happen. It's really just more noticeable on light and white colored vehicles. You could try a little gas on a rag to see if using a petroleum product will re-liquify the silicone and pull it out/off.

Dealerships have had to repaint before because of it. Get back there quick and show them what's up. A quick google search should reveal several cases and pics showing the same thing to help state your case.

(You might end up in that shiny black one!)

There is no quick fix that I know of. 105 on an orange pad is very aggressive. If that didn't fix it you are pretty well stuck. I believe the chemical that is the silicone in cheap tire dressing is dimethyl silicone and is dissolved in some petroleum solvent. This allows it to penetrate into the paint as you have just seen. It also allows it to penetrate the tire surface which it why they get brown and dried out from it. The stuff basically damages the surface in penetrating then evaporates.

Repainting is about the only real fix I know of. Not the first time i've seen this happen. It's really just more noticeable on light and white colored vehicles. You could try a little gas on a rag to see if using a petroleum product will re-liquify the silicone and pull it out/off.

Dealerships have had to repaint before because of it. Get back there quick and show them what's up. A quick google search should reveal several cases and pics showing the same thing to help state your case.

(You might end up in that shiny black one!)
Thanks for the reply. Yea I figured if the orange pad and 105 didn't take it off, it was probably stuck in there. I didn't wanna take too much paint off, so I didn't go super hard at it. I'm gonna be away for two weeks, so going back to the dealership right away isn't an option at this point. My in-laws will be checking on the house and stuff as they'll be watching our dogs, but I don't think they'll have time to run my car over to the dealership just for this.

Gas on a rag didn't really help. If I sit there long enough going back and forth over it while keeping a white rag wet with gas, the rag does seem to pick up something, because it starts turning faintly brown. However, I'm not sure rubbing the paint over and over with gas like that is such a great idea given the results (or relative lack thereof).

Gas on a rag didn't really help. If I sit there long enough going back and forth over it while keeping a white rag wet with gas, the rag does seem to pick up something, because it starts turning faintly brown. However, I'm not sure rubbing the paint over and over with gas like that is such a great idea given the results (or relative lack thereof).

If you can't take it to the dealer and leave it, I'd definitely bring it to their attention. Even if you just drop by to show them, tell them you'll be away for a few weeks and that you'll expect them to fix it when you're back. The longer you wait the easier it is for them to say they didn't do it.

If you can't take it to the dealer and leave it, I'd definitely bring it to their attention. Even if you just drop by to show them, tell them you'll be away for a few weeks and that you'll expect them to fix it when you're back. The longer you wait the easier it is for them to say they didn't do it.
I leave first thing in the morning, so even dropping by isn't an option. If it was, I'd be there as soon as they open giving them a piece of my mind.

I leave first thing in the morning, so even dropping by isn't an option. If it was, I'd be there as soon as they open giving them a piece of my mind.

Yeah that's a tough one. Maddening for sure. Phone call along your way or email with pictures?

Back