New Year, New ride... 13' Fit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought about that but it's just too much work to just possibly not work in the end and kinda shady. Trust me......thought about is a few different times already, lol.

You did say they agreed sight unseen. Did you in any way imply the car was completely stock?

You did say they agreed sight unseen. Did you in any way imply the car was completely stock?

I don't think I did. Looks like I might have to trade it with the retros. This dude in Atl isn't replying back now. I had asked him if he had a place to do the work earlier this morning.

I don't think I did. Looks like I might have to trade it with the retros. This dude in Atl isn't replying back now. I had asked him if he had a place to do the work earlier this morning.
Just show up at his work/house and do the swap. Leave a note that says "thanks".

Just show up at his work/house and do the swap. Leave a note that says "thanks".

Time is becoming a factor now.....This dude gets out of work at 4pm and who know where he is in ATL in relation to the dealership and the dealership closes at 7pm(stupid!!!!!!) and my sales dude is leaving at 5pm but "can stay a bit longer".

Going to beg my sister in law and see where that gets me.

Talked to my sales guy earlier.....he was asking about what the Fit Sport is? "Is it like an Si or EX-L or something?" lol I don't think they will notice the color difference of the headlights. I also have a purchase order with price break down and trade amount. I would say they are pretty much "stuck" on the amount they are going to give me on the trade.

I am not saying they will screw you, but be willing to walk away. I had a similar "guarantee" from a dealership on a trade. When I got there they decided to offer me like 2500 less. I had driven 5hrs to get to the dealer. I was beyond pissed and walked. I guess they figured I'd just give in and take the trade offer since I had driven so far.

GDwHNV9.jpg

Lol....nice @webby and yes....def will walk away if I have to pay more than what is stated. Already asked the Bank if I can walk away from the loan I'm pulling out. They said no prob.

Ok....B of A game me the wrong info to put on a form so instead of having funds transferred to my account by tomorrow morning, I am now going to have to wait on a check that will arrive on Tuesday! Friggin bullshit!

I already told the sales guy and we are trying to work something out for me to go get the car tomorrow but it's not looking good. Might just have to wait......

He will probably ask you for at least $500 depost tomorrow to hold the car for you. He has someone coming in on Monday to take a look at the car and he sounded like a serious buyer over the phone.:wink1: Be prepared for that bs.

^ lol.... and now the other person is offering more money for the car! It's turned into an auction!!! lol jk man. I hope you can get it worked out.

He said I could leave them a check just to hold but would need proof of the bank check. Also said if I was not comfortable with that we could just wait.

Seems like a nice guy so far.....don't think they are trying to pull anything over me.

Might have then run my credit and see what they could do but I think I will just wait it out. Therefore having time to ship in some headlights. Make more dollars from selling the entire retro or pull it out and use on the Civic, lol.

Pretty much all parts are off the car. Only thing left is the LED bulbs in the fogs(can't find the stock bulbs), the retros, tail light tint and the Red H's.

Reactions: Nix
So they lowered the price of the car on the website by $500 but my sales guy didn't say anything to me when I talked to him. I will def will be bringing that up.

He didn't seem to happy when I told him he would have to wait till Wednesday for me to go get the car.

take a screen shot of the price on the website in case they alter it later

Oh....car rides on clouds with the stock suspension back on. Almost got hit by a car on the highway today. Lucky for me I saw him coming into my lane and swerved out of the way in time. That would not have been fun....

Sooooooo....how important is the metal ring thing seen in the pic that goes around the bulb? I no longer have it and if it's not hugely important I could just epoxy the bulbs in place and keep the retro components.

image.jpg

according to another site -

It is a bulb shield. It blocks unusable waste light that would otherwise cause glare (and backscatter in bad weather). It blocks light that's just headed out of the reflector, and isn't any help where you need it (down the road) and would only blind drivers.

Hmmmm.....guess someone is going to blinding othe drivers, lol.

Too bad the super bowl is on tonight. Guess I'll try to work on this tomorrow.

$500 knocked off the purchase price.....:badger:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back