Official NC Chat Thread

I was kidding Mike :hiding:

I wasn't attempting to attack you. Just stating the way I saw the whole thing. :)

Like I was saying at the Dragon, if we all were like that guy who threw the knife (quick to anger/lack of humility), the human population of this planet would probably be dead already, as we would've all killed one another.

I would tag team with since since you might be able to get some big guns. Spray everyone with a 50 cal.....lol

Its good thing he had a knife...
What if he had a gun like A/R???
It could b an another terrible shooting incident...

mattsbobo

66227767-093A-4B9D-8BA9-8CECDFC25ED4-3023-0000012B68F30DB2_zps4776f27d.jpg

09F28C69-6166-4DD7-8FE3-59A0A3EFCB37-3023-0000012B62420EDF_zps37700c6c.jpg

The hose looks to be 9/16" inner diameter, or maybe it's just 1/2" and it's a little bit skewed so it looks like 9/16

Thanks @ greg porter. It looks like your catch can will probably work a lot better than mine due to the size of the fitting. :thumbsup:

I would thanks. When are you driving through here on your way to Durham next? Maybe I could meet you in the Four Seasons Mall parking lot for a shady hand off. :shadyhat:

If you're removing the OEM PCV valve in order to punch it out, or replace it with an open barb, you'll probably want to use a check valve between the catch can and the intake manifold (if you plan to route the PCV lines back to the intake - some people chose not to do this.)

If you're removing the OEM PCV valve in order to punch it out, or replace it with an open barb, you'll probably want to use a check valve between the catch can and the intake manifold (if you plan to route the PCV lines back to the intake - some people chose not to do this.)

Oh I see what you're saying.

The catch can's hose is going to replace that breather filter on the side of the valve cover. I'm hoping to avoid any further oil based engine bay messes. There's a whole area that's caked in oil from the original nasty a$$ gunked up breather filter. :pat:

Matt, that opening on the side of the valve cover is the "IN" for the PCV system. Yes, oil may work its way out of that opening as well (my guess is from the oil feed passages and the actuation of the valves), but if you're going to put a catch can anywhere, you'll want to put it on the crank case end of the PCV system. I ran one @ the valve cover for about a month after putting the supercharger on. Zero oil collected in it, so I removed it, leaving only the catch @ the crankcase position.

Take a look near the pulley system on your K20, just below the level of the intake manifold, you'll find a rubber line running from the block to the intake manifold - this is where you'd ideally put a catch can. If you want to get rid of that breather filter, might as well run a fuel line from the valve cover to the intake piping, as it was originally designed. (You should already have a bung for it on the intake - believe the hose diameter is 5/8" IIRC.)

Just make sure you use some super awesome red hoses. Nothing says I haz POWAH!!!! like red hoses in the engine bay.

Matt, that opening on the side of the valve cover is the "IN" for the PCV system. Yes, oil may work its way out of that opening as well (my guess is from the oil feed passages and the actuation of the valves), but if you're going to put a catch can anywhere, you'll want to put it on the crank case end of the PCV system. I ran one @ the valve cover for about a month after putting the supercharger on. Zero oil collected in it, so I removed it, leaving only the catch @ the crankcase position.

Take a look near the pulley system on your K20, just below the level of the intake manifold, you'll find a rubber line running from the block to the intake manifold - this is where you'd ideally put a catch can. If you want to get rid of that breather filter, might as well run a fuel line from the valve cover to the intake piping, as it was originally designed. (You should already have a bung for it on the intake - believe the hose diameter is 5/8" IIRC.)

I completely agree with everything you just said. Using Greg's catch can to replace the breather filter is pretty much just to avoid any future oil splatter messes. I couldn't run a line from the VC to the intake if I wanted to, as there's no bung on the intake.

IMG_5548_zps95a68025.jpg

I do thank you for raising all these points though, as it's given me a solution to an issue I haven't even given any thought to. I have a cheap catch can that I bought off Ebay a long time ago. It wouldn't really work though for the VC, which Greg's is perfectly suited for. The S2 IM doesn't have a fitting for the PVC line, and you can just barely make out that the line isn't connected to anything:

IMG_5547_zps096db157.jpg

Now I'm thinking I should take my cheap-o catch can and run the PCV to it. THANKS MIKE!!!!!!!! :cheerleader: :bighug: :kisssmiley: :bighug: :cheerleader:

Just make sure you use some super awesome red hoses. Nothing says I haz POWAH!!!! like red hoses in the engine bay.

You know my tastes all too well Santi. I wasn't actually going to use red hoses. I had planned on using red wiring loom of various sizes to cover every hose in the engine bay. This is WAY too understated for my style, but you can see where I'm headed. :giggle:

DSC00028.jpg

Last edited:
My bad Matt. lol

But thanks for giving me one more reason to hate on Skunk2. I mean, what kind of manifold doesn't have a PCV bung? Just seems odd to me.

Back