Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

Yeah the guy told me normally it'd be 400 but since another guy and myself were having it done he cut us a deal. His normal rate was 75 per panel which is cheaper than most other places around here.

I've seen places here in Houston that charge per dent, very expensive. $200 to do 10+ dents is a great price!

I paid $300 for a 3 year paintless dent removal plan through my Honda dealer but haven't had a need for it...yet

I paid $300 for a 3 year paintless dent removal plan through my Honda dealer but haven't had a need for it...yet
never heard of a dealer doing that ^. I had a person plant their door into mine within a week of ownership...:mad:

never heard of a dealer doing that ^. I had a person plant their door into mine within a week of ownership...:mad:

I hadn't either, didn't even get it on my first totaled 9th gen. I refused anything extra on this one just like I did on the first one but as I was initialing the check boxes of all the stuff I didn't want I saw "paintless dent program" or something along those lines, and I quickly opted for it. I'll look when I get home at the specifics, size of dents that they'll fix, quantity of dents etc.

The last few new cars I have bought all ended up with some sort of damage within the first week or two (except for my current Si thankfully!). My last 9th gen Si obviously and my 2010 WRX was pushed into a curb in the first week, curb checked the hell out of my right 2 rims. In hiendsight I should have let the b***h hit me but instinct takes over in those situations and you just avoid the accident.

washed, clayed, polished, sealed, waxed. did the same for our 2011 Pilot the other day. you think they're ready for up to a week sitting at the pier, followed by a week on a ship, and then about a week on a truck while it's transported from Maui to NC? I hope so.

IMG_1062-1.jpg

and then they'll be ready for a nice wash when you get them back on land.

Besides prepping them like you did, I'd be checking my insurance to make sure everything is covered (in writing) just in case anything happens (dings, dents, scrapes, etc.).

I'd imagine that would be in the paperwork with the shipping vessel. Liability clause or something.

Got rid of the blue/white Volk decals. red/black is so much cleaner...red DOHC decals going on tonight.
7a351911.jpg

Back