Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

My fogs stopped working last night.(no blown fuses) So today I took off the bumper this morning, took out the relay harness and the relay part had all kinds of rust around it (got wet obviously). Direct wire up for now. I do have another really harness but didn't have much time to replace the bad one. And I washed her!!

I did an oil change using Royal Purple Synthetic. I also fixed my fog lights since there were wiring issues. I put bulb grease on every connection and wrapped them with electrical tape. The ballasts are relocated and placed/held inside the collision bar using double sided tape.

3a6ytu6y.jpg

Installed my Injen COA last night

a7uda7a2.jpg

And these just came in, hopefully they fit.

My fogs stopped working last night.(no blown fuses) So today I took off the bumper this morning, took out the relay harness and the relay part had all kinds of rust around it (got wet obviously). Direct wire up for now. I do have another really harness but didn't have much time to replace the bad one. And I washed her!!
Do you have to take the bumper off to access the fog lights?. A rock kicked up and broke my glass on my passenger side.

Do you have to take the bumper off to access the fog lights?. A rock kicked up and broke my glass on my passenger side.
For that no you do not have to take the bumper off. The shroud around the light pops off and there are two skrews holding the light into the housing. Pop out those screws. Pull out the light and unhook the bulb. If you are referring to a 2013 sedan si or ex with fogs. I'm not 100 that it's the same for the 2012's

For that no you do not have to take the bumper off. The shroud around the light pops off and there are two skrews holding the light into the housing. Pop out those screws. Pull out the light and unhook the bulb. If you are referring to a 2013 sedan si or ex with fogs. I'm not 100 that it's the same for the 2012's
Nice ty , I have a 13. Can just the glass be ordered or is it the whole assembly? nvm , I guess I will just take it apart and look. Thanks.

Put my Takeda air intake back on. :)
Doesn't look like i'm going to be able to put the P2R throttle body spacer on without some modification. The space is tight. The Takeda air intake finishes right beside to brake reservoir racket. Need to figure out a way to trim the bracket back a little bit.

Fin.

This is the process that I did:

-Tape (plus use old magazines) areas that do not need painting.
-Clean surface with grease and wax remover
-Spray 2 coats of Rustoleum filler primer (since the surface of the splash guards are very rough). Wait 15min between coats.
-Spray 2 coats of Rustoleum sandable primer. Wait 15min between coats.
-Let primer dry for one day
-Remove tape/mag
-Wet sand surface with 800 grit sand paper
-Tape/mask again
-Spray 3 coats of base. (from automotivetouchup.com) 15min between coats.
-Let dry for one hour.
-Spray 5 coats of Rustoleum Acrylic clear. 15min between coats. Acrylic based paint/primer is very durable. I didn't want to use a 2K Clear bc it is very harmful if breathed in and I was painting in a garage. I was wearing a respirator, btw.
-Remove tape/mag
IMG_4298_zpseb16b4c2.jpg

IMG_4293_zps474f7e1d.jpg

Now I will let it cure for one week until I get to wet sand (1000 grit -> 1500 grit -> 2000 grit) and buff (my DA and a rubbing compound).

Then polish, wax, spray 3M paint defender, and add rubber weather strips.

@Six_speed_demon , here is the almost final product. :D

Back