Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

doh... think I just posted in the wrong thread... meant to post in this one... anyway... Added to my detailing hoard: got a new 3" backing plate and some new spot buff pads on the way with a new polish to try out also! Can't wait for my day off on monday...

tippy005.jpg

Does it work good? Key fob modded as well for a button or do you have to carry a separate one? Im interested in doing it to my LX.

got the oem remote with trunk pop from a 2006 EX, put it in that ebay key and got it programmed (biggest headache cause of that whole transponder thing)
Installed a trunk latch with remote release for a 2006 FA1 EX and ran a wire from the MICU to the trunk, all works just like honda intended

Got the WeatherTech floor-mats yesterday, with the free shipping deal and 5% off ....... Nice product & fit.
Also found some side window shades(visors) for my Coupe .... I've been looking for some for a while where they don't cover the front (non)vent window.... It's just a personal opinion of how it looks stopping at the bar between the window and the vent window...... I like the looks of the v-window not being covered.
Here's a link until I get mine & installed.

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/ho.../2012-honda-civic-coupe-aftermarket-parts.htm

Installed my grfxp yellow fog overlays. Did the soapy water method. Turned out ok, I couldn't get out all the soapy water afterward. I turned on the lights n got most of it out. Now there are little bubbles, but the overlay is on there pretty good. I can live with the bubbling.

The bubbles should go away after a couple of days.

Are the overlays static stick, or have some amount glue type stuff on them?

It's adhesive backing similar to the tints.

I used to put armor all in my car's interior/trims. It gave too much shine and made the interior look cheap. It was also very oily/greasy and I didn't like the feel of it. The Meguiar's Natural Shine gives the car's interior trims a perfect shine and is not greasy compared to the armor all. It also smells good. Lol.

I used to put armor all in my car's interior/trims. It gave too much shine and made the interior look cheap. It was also very oily/greasy and I didn't like the feel of it. The Meguiar's Natural Shine gives the car's interior trims a perfect shine and is not greasy compared to the armor all. It also smells good. Lol.

That's good enough for me. I'll give it a shot. Do you spray the interior directly or do you apply it some microfiber towel?

That's good enough for me. I'll give it a shot. Do you spray the interior directly or do you apply it some microfiber towel?
I spray it on a microfiber towel to make sure that I apply the protectant evenly. You can also spray to the trims directly. But I don't really do that because I don't want to end up spraying between gaps and creases. Lol. Then I wipe off everything with a clean microfiber cloth.

Back