Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

I did a post-Sandy car wash. I will detail the car after the nor'easter storm ends.

I dove into my menu and actually changed how long the interior lights stay on, and went for a longer time. Great.......

Put my WeatherTech mats in in preparation for snow. I also put some Nokya yellow fog light bulbs in. Fortunately, I have small hands and only had to take part of the shrouds off and was able to squeeze my hands in to get to the bulbs. For a moment I though I was going to have to take the tires off and remove the shrouds in the wheel wells. They sure seem to make things harder and harder to get to. I sure don't look forward to the day I replace the speakers.

Put my WeatherTech mats in in preparation for snow. I also put some Nokya yellow fog light bulbs in. Fortunately, I have small hands and only had to take part of the shrouds off and was able to squeeze my hands in to get to the bulbs. For a moment I though I was going to have to take the tires off and remove the shrouds in the wheel wells. They sure seem to make things harder and harder to get to. I sure don't look forward to the day I replace the speakers.

Well, I feel like an idiot. I just noticed in someone else's post that there is a screw in the front of the housing for the fog light that allows easy removal. Never even thought to look as no other car I have had that has fogs were removable like this. Access has always been from the rear of the housing. Oh well. I know for the future.

I just washed it.

2059hdj.jpg

I washed it as well with the Meguiar's Wash and Wax for the first time and I think it looks cleaner than when I bought it and it was pretty clean then :)

I also had a minor scratch , could see the white coating under the paint no idea how I got it. I eventually fixed it with NU scratch doctor but it took me a lot of iterations to actually get it disappear, by far not as easy as in the TV commercial. Either way it is gone so I am happy :)

Is there a scratch remover that works better? I am sure I will be fixing scratches again sometimes in the future, for some reason they're unavoidable :)

-Changed the spark plugs with Denso Iridium IK24. I believe it's one step colder than stock.

-Changed the motor oil with Mobil 1 5w-30 Synthetic Extended Performance with Mobil 1 filter.

-Bought gas at Costco ($3.789/gallon premium). The wait took about 30-40min. I think the gas station by my house is price gouging. Regular was priced at $3.999 cash/$4.090 credit. Premium was $4.190 cash/$4.299 credit.

-Changed the spark plugs with Denso Iridium IK24. I believe it's one step colder than stock.

-Changed the motor oil with Mobil 1 5w-30 Synthetic Extended Performance with Mobil 1 filter.

-Bought gas at Costco ($3.789/gallon premium). The wait took about 30-40min. I think the gas station by my house is price gouging. Regular was priced at $3.999 cash/$4.090 credit. Premium was $4.190 cash/$4.299 credit.
Report them to a news station.

sorry, i know, i can get pics later. But doesnt just about everyone have LED's now? haha
Did you do the mod that makes it brighter under the dash? Something about drilling the light hole bigger.

no, i just did the map lights, dome light in the back, the trunk, and license plate light. I wouldn't mind doing the ambient lighting, would look really cool. And sorry for no pics, wife took the car. i will get pics up soon.

I parked my car away from the trees again due to the snowstorm and the risk of falling trees. Then a landscaper decided it was a smart idea to blow all the leaves on my car. So my car got very dirty and it was mostly covered with leaves. I then sprayed the car down while it was snowing and parked it on the same spot again.

Back